1935 National Chicle

Discussion in 'Football Card Talk' started by gipper1985, Aug 28, 2014.

1. gipper1985

gipper1985 Member

#19 FL.jpg #19 BL.jpg

This is my first entry into this set. I thought it was a fairly nice example for the price. At this point I am most comfortable at about a PSA 4 for most of the attainable cards in this set. It is from series I and a large signature version. I thought I would post it here because I was inspired by this forum to finally jump into it after thinking about it for a long time.

As a side it is also my first PSA graded card after roughly 30 years of collecting.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    Peter T Davis likes this.
  2. ranbethscards

ranbethscards NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah! Moderator

Good luck with that set! Hope you post up the cards as you pick them up!

3. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD Insert Cool Title Moderator

That's a great first card. Good luck with the set!!!

4. gipper1985

gipper1985 Member

This is my second acquisition for this set. A better example than the first. This is also from series I, but it is a small signature version. I still have to decide if I want to collect both versions of series I cards.

# 14 FS.jpg #14 BS.jpg

Peter T Davis and ranbethscards like this.
  5. gipper1985

gipper1985 Member

This is a small signature version of card #12. A solid mid grade example I think.

#12 FS.jpg #12 BS.jpg

6. CamaroDMD

I think this is a wonderful addition. Vivid colors and I love the centering. When I work on vintage sets...centering is my big thing. This card is a real beauty!

7. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Notorious Admin Moderator

Nice collection you have going there. I really love the look of those 1930s cards.

8. gipper1985

gipper1985 Member

Thank you. It is going to be a slow process, but fun to think that is actually possible for me to do.

9. CamaroDMD

Take your time...these cards are 80 years old. You don't have to get them all right now. :)

gipper1985 likes this.
  10. gipper1985

gipper1985 Member

This is a small signature version of card #18. I have to admit I stole Camaro's idea of getting cards that are fairly well centered. So far three have come from Ebay and one from a web store.

#18 FS.jpg #18 BS.jpg

11. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Notorious Admin Moderator

Well centered cards do look better, probably will hold value better too.

12. CamaroDMD

Nice addition. You won't be sorry long term when you seek out well centered cards. Better eye appeal for sure. Keep it up!

13. gipper1985

gipper1985 Member

This is my newest edition. A small signature version on card #17. Easily my favorite so far because he is a New York Giant. Per Camaro's advice I feel like it is a fairly well centered card. I also like the coaching of defensive line play on the back of the card. These rules are still true today, eighty years later.
    #17 FS.jpg #17 BS.jpg

14. ranbethscards

ranbethscards NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah! Moderator

15. CamaroDMD

I really like that one. Nice find!!!

16. gipper1985

gipper1985 Member

Card #6 is a small signature version, it is also the sixth card I have purchased I am just taking this one step at a time.
    #06 FS.jpg #06 BS.jpg

ranbethscards likes this.
  17. gipper1985

gipper1985 Member

Here is my most recent addition, it is #30. The higher number cards are harder to find and seem to run about twice the cost of the lower numbered cards. So I am happy picking this one up at this grade.

For me this is card #7 out of 36 total. I am getting there.

#30 FL.jpg #30 BL.jpg

ranbethscards likes this.
  18. CamaroDMD

Very nice additions!

Draft saved Draft deleted