Football Jay Cutler almost dealt?

HiEnd

Bench Warmer
REPORTS: BRONCOS ENTERTAINED TRADING CUTLER
Posted by Mike Florio: Saturday, February 28, 2009 4:22 PM
Adam Schefter of NFL Network and Vic Lombardi of CBS4 in Denver report that the Broncos have been shopping quarterback Jay Cutler.

Per both reports, the Bucs and Broncos were trying to swing a three-way deal pursuant to which Matt Cassel would have been traded from the Pats to the Broncos, Cutler would have gone from Denver to Tampa, and the Patriots would have been compensated presumably by the Buccaneers.

According to Schefter, the Lions also approached the Broncos about a trade for Cutler.

And here's where it gets interesting. Schefter's version creates the impression that the Broncos didn't initiate the talks, and merely responded to the offers presented. Vic Lombardi's version suggests that the Broncos were and are shopping the eleventh overall pick in the 2006 draft.

"I've heard the rumors," Cutler told Vic Lombardi. "I know what they're trying to do. Even though I love Denver and I'd love to remain a Bronco, I know how this business works. If they want me to play somewhere else, so be it."

Despite Cutler's generally P.C. comments, Schefter contends that Cutler was angered by the news.

There's a consensus in league circles that Cutler has plateaued after showing some improvement early in the 2008 season. He has been criticized in some circles for having a nonchalant demeanor.

The reality is that, whenever there's a new coach, there's a chance that he'll want to pick his own quarterback. Regardless of whether the Broncos initiated the trade talks, the fact that the Broncos said anything other than "hell no" suggests that new coach Josh McDaniels wants to go in a different direction.

they would be dumb to get rid of cutler. get him a running game and a line and he might be the best in the league. thats all it takes ask peyton manning

if all one needed was an O line and a running game.... Kyle Boller would be the God of Baltimore... Cutler hasnt done his team any favors... and caused more misery and dispare by losing than assisting his team to victories.

marinocollector thats funny coming from a Marino fan how man titles did he win? Oh yeah lol

As far as them trying to trade Cutler is ridiculous. Only issue I have with him is his attutude.. Its ***** and unless he changes it the team will never succeed under him... So they now need to do damage control and sit down with him.. Brian Dawkins who is now the leader of the D needs to also be involved.. He came here to win not deal with this crap!

Its a team sport.... a great qb can single handedly take a team to victory in the regular season the majority of the time.... but the post season is different... Marino only played with 3 HOF/HOF caliber player in his entire career...

Fact of the matter is Cutler's reaction is showing lack of maturity to lead his team when his team would need him the most... which ultimately results in losing whenever the media hypes the team a little bit... His hissy fit is comparable to how Jeff Garcia acted when Tampa wanted Favre... sure Garcia came in and did well at times.... but he still went home before January... like a Cutler-led Bronco's

Back