4) Anthony Davis - Rutgers
5) Charles Brown - USC
6) Bruce Campbell - Maryland
7) Vladimir Ducasse -UMass
8) Rodger Saffold - Indiana
9) Jared Veldheer - Hillsdale
10) Kyle Calloway – Iowa

Position Grade: A-/B+
It is tempting to give this group an A, with its depth of talent in the 1st round. However, this talent trails off quick, and if you compare it to last year’s group, it is not of the same quality.

Further Analysis:
I still see Okung as the top tackle, even as there has been a significant amount of debate among scouts trying to prop up players like Williams or Bulaga. It happened last year as well with a couple of the top names, so I’ll stick with what I have seen at this point. If I was a scout with access to all the resources they have, I would have a better idea about guys like Ducasse and Veldheer. However, with that not available, I have to leave them in the second tier of this OT class.

Feel free to discuss anything OT-related here.

I think Okung is the best OT prospect in the last two years. He's clearly the No. 1 OT in this draft.

I'm really not buying Trent Williams as a legit NFL LT, but many see otherwise. He might be just right for the zone-blocking scheme, though.

The depth isn't what it was last year, but it's solid. Saffold and Ducasse should be solid picks in the second, with Saffold getting some run for the first round.

Tony Washington would be a lot higher if not for his extreme character concerns (Google it).

I think Okung is the best OT prospect in the last two years. He's clearly the No. 1 OT in this draft.

If we don't draft him, I will have a nervous breakdown.
15c2e3fe.gif

Back