Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newman

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Harvick

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
The final race is upon us! Homestead... Sunday... November 16.

I LOVE the new point system, although it did keep a few of the BEST (if you go by races won) drivers from being in the Championship Race. The one thing that stands out the most... no matter which of the four drivers win, there will be a NEW Champion this year... someone who has never won the Championship before.

Denny Hamlin (1 Win) Vegas Odds: 9/2
Joey Logano (5 Wins) Vegas Odds: 7/2
Ryan Newman (ZERO Wins) Vegas Odds: 5/1
Kevin Harvick (4 Wins) Vegas Odds: 4/1

Not really sure how to read the Vegas Odds, but I believe they are saying that Logano is the favorite, followed by Hamlin, Harvick, with Newman finishing last.

Now... the ONE THING I REALLY HATE about the point system for the Championship Race. The drivers DO NOT need to race for the win. They drivers have to race to keep the other three contenders behind them. Highest finisher wins.

Will teammates play a big part in this? Here's a scenario to ponder... what if Hamlin (who at this point in the race is the highest placing car) is two cars ahead of Logano, and Keselowski is the car directly behind Hamlin. Keselowski has the car to pass Hamlin for the win, but it would still give Hamlin the Championship. Does Keselowski use his bumper and spin Hamlin out, giving his teammate (Logano) the inside track to the Championship?

There are several scenarios that could play out here.

My heart says Harvick (although Newman would be my second choice)... but if you look at the races all year... nobody point races better than Logano.

I'm going with Happy! I just think he's focused, and will get it done this week. I'd love to see Ryan Newman win, though. I've always liked the way he's handled himself on, and off the track.

Back