Grrr

I

indy_jones

Man I'm so ticked. For years I've been watching for a good price on a full sized Elway Retirement helmet (1999 made). Finally got one for a steal at $208 including a display case (wood base, plexi cover).

Got it in mail and its ruined. They shipped the helmet in the case LOOSE. So the helmet rubbed all over and rubbed a good portion of the silver signature off. The silver ink is all over the inside of the plexi. On top of that, the facemask hit the side of the plexi and shattered that end.

Lame shipping dept but good company. They did refund me fully and paid for return shipment. I returned it the way it should have been packaged (got rid of tons of peanuts I have been wanting to get rid of) and put a note saying "this is how you do it".

Oh man, I cannot imagine how you feel. Really horrible. At least you got your money back but Im sure right now that doesnt mean much.

They were very good about it. All they asked for was pictures which I had already taken. I was well prepared and ready for a battle :)

I also got one of the signed retirement footballs and it came just fine in the same box. It was loose too but the ball is a bit lighter than a helmet so it didn't do any damage.

Sweet looking Helmet, too bad they shipped it like that. I wonder how many times it's gone out & been returned in hopes of the buyer using an insurance claim.

Good luck on finding another.

Back