Cal puts better talent in the NFL than USC

rexvos

Bench Warmer
This list clearly has better talent without all the hype of USC.

2008 2 18 49 DeSean Jackson Eagles WR
3 22 85 Craig Stevens Titans TE
3 35 98 Thomas DeCoud Falcons DB
4 27 126 Lavelle Hawkins Titans WR
6 18 184 Michael Gibson Eagles G
7 26 233 Justin Forsett Seahawks RB
2007 1 12 12 Marshawn Lynch Bills RB
3 22 85 Brandon Mebane Seahawks DT
3 32 95 Daymeion Hughes Colts DB
6 18 192 Desmond Bishop Packers LB
2006 5 3 136 Ryan O'Callaghan Patriots G
6 32 201 Marvin Philip Steelers C
7 40 248 Aaron Merz Bills G
2005 1 24 24 Aaron Rodgers Packers QB
2 12 44 J.J. Arrington Cardinals RB
4 17 118 Chase Lyman Saints WR
4 34 135 Matt Giordano Colts DB
6 38 212 Ryan Riddle Raiders DE
2004 5 19 151 Mark Wilson Redskins T
7 7 208 Adimchinobe Echemandu Browns RB
2003 1 19 19 Kyle Boller Ravens QB
1 31 31 Nnamdi Asomugha Raiders DB
6 11 184 Scott Tercero Rams G
7 25 239 Tully Banta-Cain Patriots DE
2002 2 21 53 Langston Walker Raiders T
5 8 143 Scott Fujita Chiefs LB
2001 1 7 7 Andre Carter 49ers DE
4 25 120 Nick Harris Broncos P
2000 1 15 15 Deltha O'Neal Broncos DB
6 26 192 John Romero Eagles C
7 9 215 Sekou Sanyika Cardinals LB
7 11 217 Jeremiah Parker Giants DE
1999 3 15 76 Marquis Smith Browns DB
4 2 97 John Welbourn Eagles G
4 7 102 Dameane Douglas Raiders WR
5 16 150 John McLaughlin Buccaneers DE
1998 2 28 58 Jeremy Newberry 49ers C
4 20 112 Brandon Whiting Eagles DT
6 16 169 Bobby Shaw Seahawks WR
7 34 223 Tarik Smith Cowboys RB
1997 1 13 13 Tony Gonzalez Chiefs TE
1 19 19 Tarik Glenn Colts T
4 14 110 Pat Barnes Chiefs QB

This is good stuff. The facts look clear too. And this even leaves long-time starters and pro bowlers like Jeremy Newberry, Tarik Glenn, and Andre Carter out of bold.

From a pro development standpoint, it looks like Tedford is preparing his players to become day one contributors at a much higher rate than Carroll. I think there have been 4 franchise tags used on the bolded players in total.

all a matter of opinion......and I see a pattern of hate toward USC.

Aaron Rodgers is better then what USC QB.....Matt Leinart??? Yeah....not better then Carson Palmer.

Scott Fujita.....thats one LB in the NFL who is good....but who is he better then???? Not Lofa Tatupu.

Nnamdi Asomugha....good DB out of Cal....but how many Pro Bowls has he been to since his rookie year??? Troy Polamalu has been to every single one since they were both drafted in '03.

Marshawn Lynch....yeah he had 1,000 yards rushing last year......he had 50 more carries then Lendale did but only had 8 TD's.....Lendale had 15

So you have a TE and a WR......Gonzo is better then any TE USC has put out since 97.....and DeSean Jackson is better then any WR to come out of USC since 97......not quite sure if that justifies the title to this thread.....and while Cal didn't have all of the hype that USC did......it also didn't have the winning that USC has had....so of course there is less hype.....but you are clearly wrong about the talent......a TE and a WR and some guys you highlighted that are clearly not better then a USC player at that same or similar position.....as good as? Maybe.....but better.....I don't think so......a UCLA guy replied to this thread and said he would rather have the USC list....that should tell you something.

overall Cal is better. Pro Bowls mean nothing. Roy Williams from Dallas goes every year. Palmer may be better than Rodgers but it is not by much as Palmer is another product of the USC hype machine. What has he ever really done while having two all pro caliber receivers? A lot better talent around him than Cutler that is for sure who you blasted for having talent around him. I just see the lack of gigantic first round busts on the Cal side. (Cris Claiborne, Kenechi Udeze, Matt Leinart) and Lendale White is a backup tailback that gets short yardage and goal line carries.

overall Cal is better. Pro Bowls mean nothing. Roy Williams from Dallas goes every year. Palmer may be better than Rodgers but it is not by much as Palmer is another product of the USC hype machine. What has he ever really done while having two all pro caliber receivers? A lot better talent around him than Cutler that is for sure who you blasted for having talent around him. I just see the lack of gigantic first round busts on the Cal side. (Cris Claiborne, Kenechi Udeze, Matt Leinart) and Lendale White is a backup tailback that gets short yardage and goal line carries.

but his stats are still better then Marshawn Lynch's.....and if Palmer isn't a part of the "USC Hype Machine"....then that just proves your hate doesn't go back as far as this list does....your hate for USC goes back to the split title.....you can admit it......I won't think less of you for it.....Joey V always calls me a fag and tells me how much he hates USC.....I know he's joking on the fag part but I know where his hate stems from.....LSU fans hate USC more then any other SEC school.

I do not hate USC, I typically pull for them if they are not playing an SEC team. The media has created a status of USC that is incorrect. They have them as the elite team, over as a level in between College and Pro and I just wanted to point that out.

You bolded Scott Fujita on this list but didn't bold the likes of Ryan Kalil, Chilo Rachal, Sam Baker and Mike Patterson on the USC list? :scratch:

DOn't judge players on pro bowls. That's silly.

don't be mad because the Lions hardly ever have anyone to send;)......so I guess Troy Polamalu isn't one of the best DB's in the league??? ok, maybe the Pro Bowl is a bad example....but saying that the DB talent to come out of Cal is better then the DB talent to come out of USC is what's really silly....Troy single handedly destroys the DB talent that came out of Cal....and I love Nnamdi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back