A Card Each Week

Discussion in 'Sports Card Chat' started by CamaroDMD, Sep 15, 2018 at 11:27 AM.

1. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD Insert Cool Title Moderator

In attempt to spark some life here...I thought I would make an effort to share something interesting from my collection each week. Not necessarily valuable, but something I like that you guys might enjoy too.

I'll post one today and will make an effort to post a new one each Monday.

Here is the first one:

1951 Bowman #15 Johnny Lujack autographed
    [​IMG]

This card features 1947 Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Lujack during his time with the Bears. It is a lovely card which has been signed by the legendary Notre Dame signal caller. Many consider Lujack to be the first in a line of all-time great QBs to come from Western Pennsylvania.

2. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD Insert Cool Title Moderator

OK, here is my first Monday posting.

This card is one of my favorites. It comes from a set that I heavily collected and traded as a child. I have many fond memories of 1994 UD Collector's Choice and the many Silver parallels (and 1 gold) that I found. The base set had 384 cards and the golds were inserted a a rate of 1:35. My favorite player was (is) Joe Montana and I dreamed over the thought of finding all 4 of his cards in the Gold version. Never pulled one though.

I was able to track them all down as an adult and complete that childhood dream. That inspired what I believed would be impossible...completing the entire 384 Gold set. I completed it a few years back and it's one of my biggest collecting accomplishments.

1994 UD Collector's Choice Gold #70 Joe Montana
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted