Baseball ESPN-MLB D-backs bolster pitching corps, acquire Haren; Send Valverde to Houston

Houston - A+ (got a CL in this deal for almost nothing!)
Arizona - A- (lost a CL, prospects but got Haren, a few ML players)
Oakland - A+ (6 ML players that are top ranked, it almost like the Marlins/ Tigers deal with Willis & Cabrera!)

Genius move by Arizona

Webb and Haren will be a force for years, was worht the prospects

And valverde was good last year but what about previous years?? I think they could have got more especially with Gagne getting 10 mil and Cordero getting 12 mil, but who knows.

The DBacks short sold Valverde but he is going to be demanding ridiculous amounts of money at season's end. Qualls is a solid MR, Gutierrez has potential, Burke has been a let down so far but could be a good player to have off the bench. Honestly I don't get the deal for Houston, sure Valverde helps an incredible weak bullpen but they still have a horrible pitching staff. Losing their top 3 relievers from last season and possibly having Tejada start the season suspended, the Astros really don't seem all that much improved from last season. Honestly I think they should have used this offseason to rebuild because if they don't win this year their future looks HORRID!

As for the other deal, great for both sides. Oakland is getting a boatload of talent, Arizona isn't really cracking up their system too much to get one of the game's best starters.

Back