Angel or Super Hero in Disguise!?

pudge27t

Prospect
Transactions: 1
Good morning fellas, better yet a GREAT morning! Long story short, a guy had tracked me down after seeing me post my Reggies on many different sites and also seen my collection on SportsCardAlbum. Come to find out the guy is a fellow collector of Reggie himself and had a lot that I didn't have. We started to converse on eBay and things that pop up and had a gentlemen's agreement that we'd inform one another before we bid or if we had interest in a card. This was obviously done so not to bid up the price and so I agreed. A little later down the line, i sold him a few of my doubles and also hooked em up TCS style with some extras that he didn't have. Fast forward to about a week or so ago when this rare Reggie popped up, so rare I've literally only seen maybe 2 in the selling market since i've been collecting him.

2006 Topps Paradigm Dual Jersey Numbers Autographs #JNARB Reggie Bush/25

So an eBay lot pops up and it has 6 of them in it!
confused.gif
So we talked back in forth and he proposed that for me not to bid, and when he won he'd send them to me because he knew that I really only wanted one of them and that I was into grading. The BIG DEAL is, he said the highest graded card I could keep and send back the rest!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
WHAT!!!!???? Talk about stoked! I know a lot of you don't believe in SUPER HEROES but i do, they just are in disguise!
tongue.gif

HOLY $H!T

OH and if you are wondering who Superman is, I can't give that away. lol

IMG_5912_zpsrtkucexb.jpg

ive don't gentlemans agreements on stuff in the past, especially with the junk lot hunting, as I knew a few guys, so if I found one id send out a notice and we would keep from bidding each other up...this was back in like 05 or so

ive don't gentlemans agreements on stuff in the past, especially with the junk lot hunting, as I knew a few guys, so if I found one id send out a notice and we would keep from bidding each other up...this was back in like 05 or so
Well stuff like this makes the hobby that much better!

after a few last minute run ins where a lot would go from no action to $50 to $125...yeah, wasn't cool...and we won lots from the same guy and how no one stopped them for drugs is beyond us...smelled like he was growing some grass indoors if you know what I mean...

So the update to this story is amazingly even MORE crazy!!!! Just got the BGS report yesterday!!!
I'll show a picture of that bad boy once it comes in!!!

12697325_10101208351426401_1183448844212791138_o_zpson2ubre8.jpg

And the final chapter to this story is so crazy!!!! It showed up today!!!!

2006 Topps Paradigm Dual Jersey Numbers Autographs #JNARB Reggie Bush/25 (POP 2)

So stoked!! And to top it off, its #'d 25/25.... his jersey number!! Pretty sweet stuff!!

Back