Chicago White Sox

gosox55

Bench Warmer
Hi everyone, new here but I've been a long time collector (team since 1993). My PC is pretty much all White Sox with a little vintage 1955 Bowman thrown i: Heres my site

My White Sox PC

My favorite players are Nellie Fox, Billy Pierce, Calrton Fisk, Frank Thomas, Harold Baines.

here's a few pics:

My favorite vintage card (among many)
1959BazookaNellieFox.jpg

A couple of my modern gu cards:
2005LeafCenturyStampsAutographS52Ha.jpg

2001DonrussClassicsLegendaryLumberj.jpg

Check my White Sox Site for more pics and such.

Take care
Richard

good stuff! Love your site (go Sox!)

and welcome aboard here. Hopefully you make yourself at home here. Feel free to ask any mod/admin, myself included if you have any questions

Frank is my favorite player from the 90s. My best couple of pulls of Frank are a 97 Bowman Best Preview Refractor and a 04 Bowman Heritage Threads of Greatness. In my book, he definitely is HOF (first ballot). Did you catch his appearance on Comcast when the Sox played to Cubs? He thought he came across very well, excellent in fact, far better than I expected.

gosox55 said:
"played to Cubs? He thought he came"
should be "played the Cubs. I thought he came"

fat fingers

lol. I missed it. (i actually missed the whole flippin series b/c of rain and work)

But Frank was always one of my favorites as well. And DEFINITE HOFer. (should be first ballot) 500+ HRs, back-to-back AL MVP awards, what more do you need? plus he's never been implicated in anything, and very few guys can say that.

I've got an autographed ball of his back at my parents house. Got it when I was about 10 or so for Christmas. It's part of the shrine to the white sox that we've built there, lol.

He was very presentable, excellent image to the TV viewers. The White Sox could not ask for a better first try in commentators. Maybe this will be a start of a reconciliation to the the Kenny Williams Sox, at times Frank and The White Sox Management have been at odds (to put it mildly).

ewilkens said:
lol. I missed it. (i actually missed the whole flippin series b/c of rain and work)

But Frank was always one of my favorites as well. And DEFINITE HOFer. (should be first ballot) 500+ HRs, back-to-back AL MVP awards, what more do you need? plus he's never been implicated in anything, and very few guys can say that.

I've got an autographed ball of his back at my parents house. Got it when I was about 10 or so for Christmas. It's part of the shrine to the white sox that we've built there, lol.

Definitely like to see some pics. Always up for White Sox stuff.

Richard
gosox55

Back