Dodgers Pitching Rotation

vetsgt02

Bench Warmer
Weare struggling already and things are already starting look rough :( I know it is the first week of the season and not time to hit the panic button ( which I am not yet) just hate to see us lose games inside the division in the early season if you win them now it makes it alot easier on you at the end of the season when the Divisional Race is closing down. Anyways here is a recap

Game one: 4-1 Kuroda win pitched 5 2/3 Broxton save
Now this was a good start but now Kuroda is on the 15 day DL

Game two: 2-4 LOSS Wolfe looked like complete garbage and the only real highlite was the fact after the Game Wolfe said he look horrible and that he needed to be more agressive in his next start.

Game three: 5-2 WIN Billingsley 6 IP a very nice start for him to start the season. Broxton picks up save number 2

Game Four: 3-4 LOSS Kershaw came out and had a alright outing he only gave up 2 hits which is great but he throw 105 pitches with 5 IP. He was throwing well and I think his control will improve as the season moves on. I think this kid is the best pitcher on the team and at 21 years old he could be major star soon.

Game 5: LOSS 4-9 Lets face it McDonald looked horrible I am hoping he was just nervous and can shake of the the 5 run shelling he took in the 3rd IP.

TONIGHTS GAME: here is the Scouting report from Dodger.com about tonights starter Stults:Dodgers:
[quoted from Dodgers.com]
Hiroki Kuroda was placed on the 15-day disabled list Friday with a mild oblique strain, so Stults gets the promotion from Triple-A and the start against the Diamondbacks. Stults lost out to James McDonald in the competition for the fifth starter's spot. He had a rough spring, dealing with the death of his mother just before heading for Arizona. In six Spring Training appearances, Stults had a 9.49 ERA with four strikeouts and eight walks in 9 1/3 innings.[end qoute]

I do not have alot of faith in Stultz I have seen him pitch a few times and he does nto really have anything special good news is Martin will be back in the lineup so with him calling the game maybe Stults will do alright.

Anyways I am enjoying the season and I just thought I would share some of my thoughts in thi early season :)

The Dodgers rotation is weak compared to the Braves rotation.
Atlanta has the edge with Lowe and Vazquez. If Bilingsley and Kershaw do what Dodger fans hope they will do this season, the Dodgers will have the better rotation. I think Billingsley will take the next step. Kershaw is only 21, so I wouldn't totally expect him to be on Bills' level quite yet.

They played great yesterday Wolfe looked awesome. I am looking forward to Kershaw pitching against the Giants I think he is going to be a force in the NL very soon and could even reach the Johan Santana level in the next 3 years. Maybe I am a dreamer but I really think the kid is that dang good. Billinglsy and Kershaw could be our next Drysdale/Koufax combo :)

Back