Danica Patrick released from Stewart-Haas

Discussion in 'Sports Chat' started by ranbethscards, Sep 12, 2017.

1. ranbethscards

ranbethscards NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah! Moderator

Danica was released from Stewart-Haas Racing this afternoon. They were unable to secure a full time sponsor for her next year... so bye bye...

No plans have been announced... but rumors are flying! Another Team? IRL?

2. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD Insert Cool Title Moderator

Interesting. I hadn't seen that. I don't follow NASCAR that closely but it always seemed like she wasn't that successful. Am I mistaken?

I'm surprised those crooks at Aspen Dental didn't like her marketability. She's a big name.

3. ranbethscards

ranbethscards NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah! Moderator

it's a matter of win or lose.. and she wasn't winning. sorry, let me rephrase that... she has NEVER won. Sponsors don't like that.

4. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD Insert Cool Title Moderator

That's true...she has never won. If memory serves, she got a pole at Daytona or Indy one time but never actually won anything.

I just thought that no a nationwide scale she has name recognition. Having known something about Aspen's marketing and business plan...it seems like they want their name anywhere they can get it. I had the displeasure of working for them for a time.

5. NickJ

NickJ Member

Isn't there another female racer now that's on the come up? I forget her name but I remember seeing her in a race a few years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted