We hired a coach from a certain other school in state

bamasa37sb34

Bench Warmer
I was pretty excited at first......great recruiting ties to Mobile and hopefully an upgrade over Lance Thompson as a position coach. However, I now know we are seriously screwed :cry:

The truth behind Willis
AUZamboMember
879 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Posted: Today 6:56 AM

The truth behind Willis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For 3 of the 8 years I lived in Auburn I was a member of a church that was also attended by a couple of people who worked in the athletic department. I was part of a morning Bible study with one of these people and formed a close friendship with him. I also lived next door to and still keep in touch with a former student manager on the team. Those are my sources, and here is what went down.

We're all aware that Saban is a very sneaky recruiter, doing ANYTHING needed to land top recruits to build the program at UAT. He's also very smart and knows how to hide evidence of his doings from lurkers. Since his hire Auburn has been trying to uncover enough evidence to turn him into the NCAA. So far all efforts have been unsuccessful.

Last week ole nicky called Jay Jacobs and requested permission to talk to Willis to fill empty spots on his staff...and Jacobs immediately saw this as his chance. Willis is not going to Bama to further his career, but to spy on the program. We now have one of our own on the inside over there. With current espionage technology, Willis will have both video and audio evidence of Saban's going ons.

He has 2 weeks to gather the information. After which Auburn will spend a week or so summarizing the evidence to make a case to the NCAA. Contrary to popular belief the LOI should arrive in 5-7 weeks (not 3) if all goes according to plan.

God speed, James. God speed.

ROFLMMFAO...that is priceless. Where did that come from?

The Bunker.

We didn't have any theories like that on Thompson leaving, he left because he was too busy drilling co-eds and his wife wouldn't take him back unless he had more money or something along those lines ;)

It was a total meltdown. I still don't see why though. You are getting an above-average recruiter and a below-average position coach. Nothing more.

It was a total meltdown. I still don't see why though. You are getting an above-average recruiter and a below-average position coach. Nothing more.

Probably because he came to us. If we lost LT to just about anyone besides the viles, wouldn't have cared all that much. If Willis went to, oh let's just randomly pick North Carolina, no one on your side of things would have been as upset.

I heard that last night was a meltdown over there. Apparently the Petey Smith comments didn't sit to well with folks.....

Word is that Petey doesn't have a firm offer from 'bama and could wind up at a lesser school if things fall right. Like a Troy or UAB. Does 'bama really want him... or are they slow-playing him the way the new staff at AU was apparently doing?

Probably because he came to us. If we lost LT to just about anyone besides the viles, wouldn't have cared all that much. If Willis went to, oh let's just randomly pick North Carolina, no one on your side of things would have been as upset.

That's right. They freaked because he's an AU guy who went to 'bama and because it's 2 weeks to NSD and he's the main guy on a handful of our recruits. Apparently, he wasn't getting the r-e-s-p-e-c-t from the new staff.

At the end of the day, he's a solid SEC position coach. Not great, but definitely not terrible. He gets more money and a better job title... most people would do the same.

Word is that Petey doesn't have a firm offer from 'bama and could wind up at a lesser school if things fall right. Like a Troy or UAB. Does 'bama really want him... or are they slow-playing him the way the new staff at AU was apparently doing?

I think he has an offer on the table, though it may be for a gray shirt depending on how the numbers are. I really like what I've seen of him on film and would certainly be happy if he committed to us.

Also, we are kind of thin at MLB and Hightower is a guy who might grow into a DE so it would be nice to reel in him and Tana Patrick.

Back