Baseball Derek Jeter says he?s spoken to CC Sabathia about Yankees

Derek Jeter says he’s spoken to CC Sabathia about Yankees

Derek Jeter says he’s spoken to CC Sabathia about Yankees « Zell’s Pinstripe Blog

from the NY Daily News:

Derek Jeter wouldn’t call it recruiting, but the Yankee captain said Friday night that he has spoken this offseason to CC Sabathia, perhaps the Yanks’ most vital free agent target.

“He’s asked questions about us,” Jeter said on the red carpet before the annual fund-raising dinner for Joe Torre’s Safe at Home Foundation at Chelsea Piers. “But I’ll leave it at that. A private conversation that you have with someone is private. If he wants to talk about it, I’ll give him the opportunity to do it first.”

Derek Jeter talking to Sabathia is definitely a positive sign. He might be an influential force. New York is the biggest media market and he would be playing on the biggest stage in all of sports. Does he want that? I think he wants to win a championship and be on a successful team..so the Yankees would be a perfect fit. I’m sure C.C. has asked around about NY.

In other news..here are some updates on Manny, Peavy, & Holliday:

rotoworld reports:

Report: Cubs overtake Braves in Peavy chase.Yahoo! Sports’ Jeff Passan says the Cubs have moved ahead of the Braves in the Jake Peavy trade talks. The Padres are reportedly asking for Jeff Samardzija, Felix Pie, Sean Marshall and Ronny Cedeno for Peavy. Nov. 7 - 1:35 am et

Agent: Dodgers’ Manny offer isn’t long enough.According to the Los Angeles Times, “Manny Ramirez’s agent made it clear Thursday that the contract the Dodgers offered his client isn’t long enough.” No surprise, as the Dodgers reportedly offered $45 million over two seasons and Scott Boras has been saying that Ramirez is seeking a six-year contract. Nov. 7 - 9:04 am et

Report: Cards discuss Holliday deal. Sources tell FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal that the Rockies and Cardinals have discussed swapping Matt Holliday for Ryan Ludwick, Skip Schumaker and Mitchell Boggs. Nov. 8 - 11:21 am et

I'm a lifelong Indians fan--and I love Sabathia. I hate to see him go to the Yanks, but I can't really blame him for doing so--although I'd much rather he go out to the coast somewhere.

Back