Funny crap from Arky/UF game

bamasa37sb34

Bench Warmer
For those who didn't watch it......an Arkansas WR caught the ball close to midfield. He ran to the goal line, had the ball punched out right at the goal line, recovered in the endzone. The play was reviewed.

The ever so brilliant CBS broadcaster Vern Lundquist put on his sluething hat. He actually wondered out loud to the national television audience if the pass was completed before the receiver lost possesion.

Ok. Let's see. He caught the ball at midfield. He ran all the way to the goal line. The ball came out.

Um. Yeah.....generally, that is considered a catch, Vern. I know there are some subtlties to the rules that are kind of tough to understand at times, but having complete possession of the ball and sprinting 50 yards down field is generally considered a "football move"....hence, it was a catch. Dumb ass.

Carry on with enjoying your lives and not reading my vent on the horrible CBS crew :salut:

Have to agree with the comments about the commentators. Truely awful. Where do they get these guys? Bring on Ryan and Sliq I say! Game was poor quality too, exciting finish though.

The best was in the USC/ND game where the announcers had a hard time figuring it out that if Barkley was flagged for intentional grounding then it cannot be a fumble.

The best was in the USC/ND game where the announcers had a hard time figuring it out that if Barkley was flagged for intentional grounding then it cannot be a fumble.

Yeah, that was pretty funny. They went on for a good two minutes about the fumble after the intentional grounding call was made.

uffgx.jpg

Back