Game Worn Card Giveaway (multiple winners)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Peter T Davis, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guardian

Guardian New Member

The contest is over NattyBoo. ;)

Congratulations to the winners! Nice rewards.

Thanks Peter for the awesome contest. The video was a nice and honest touch too!

2. ranbethscards

ranbethscards Insane Collector, Mild Moderator Moderator

huh? kind of late... lol

Guardian likes this.
  3. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

There's two current "Pick a number between 1 and 100" contests, so it's probably just a misplaced pick. ;)

4. murpdog123

murpdog123 New Member

Thanks for the chance to win something, been away for awhile but back now and ready to BUY

5. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Notorious Admin Moderator

I'll be getting another giveaway under way soon, just trying to hide from the heat this week. :eek:

IQless1 and Guardian like this.
  6. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

Hey Pete, I got my cards today:

Peter Davis 3.jpg

Pokemon? Oh wait, wrong scan....hold on a second:

Peter Davis 2.jpg

No, no...that's not it either! But see how that Triumvirate reuses to scan properly? It's been annoying trying to get a decent image of it out of my scanner and camera, but I did post a few images here:

http://www.sportscardclub.com/threads/wwe-tna-pc-so-far.427151/#post-1426087.

Let's try again:

Peter davis 1 IQ Sucks.JPG

Well now that's just inappropriate, Pete. And you used pink crayon directly onto the cards?

Bad form old chap, bad form indeed.

Oh wait, I think that was me that did that...using "Paint". :D

I think I found the right image now...these computers can be tricky to navigate...(coughs):

Peter davis 1.jpg

Ahhhh, there we go! In addition to the card I won, a 2008 Upper Deck Stadium Scenes # SS12 Kerry Wood relic, Peter surprised me with a few additional cards: A 2008 Upper Deck Goudey # 18 Eddie Murray, a 2010 Topps Legendary Lineage # LL-71 Jim Palmer/Brian Matusz, and a 2011 Topps # 532 Erik Bedard.

I haven't been able to buy cards in a while myself, my stuff suddenly stops with 2007, so these are very much appreciated, Pete!

Oh, as for the fun I had above, just be grateful I didn't go with: "I didn't know you made cards of yourself, but the swimsuit one was too much....wayyyyy too much!"

But I didn't go there....asterisk....:D

7. cinderr

cinderr Member

I thank you also. My little grandson has just started collecting. I would hold any of these for him. Number 23, brother!

I'd get in a a Pokemon contest---grandkids you know!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2013
    IQless1 likes this.
  8. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

lol....the two I posted are remnants of my son's childhood. The Pokemon phase lasted a year or two, and he traded away most of them by the time he was ten...eleven. By then he was into Dragonball Z, or some Yugio or Digimon thing, I forget. Bottom line is they are all Japanese lol

I eventually rescued the remnants, and have a few stored away. Most are junk, and neither of the two pictured are very valuable at $8 for the pair. Too bad my son traded away the valuable one....hope he got something good for it, like a few video games. I told him to be careful, and made sure he understood that the card was worth a lot, but ...(shrugs) ...kids are kids.