PFT: Agent tells Niners that Crabtree will re-enter draft.

thepistonsfan

Bench Warmer
If this is true, then I say let the baby sit out a year. What an entitled POS! :salut:

Source: Parker tells Niners that Crabtree will re-enter draft

Posted by Mike Florio on August 6, 2009 11:52 AM ET

The situation in San Francisco between the 49ers and receiver Michael Crabtree is quickly going from bad to worse.

Per a league source, agent Eugene Parker is telling the 49ers that Crabtree will sit out the season re-enter the draft in 2010, unless the team gives Crabtree what he wants.

Of course, what Crabtree specifically wants isn't known, since Parker (as multiple sources tell us) still hasn't made a proposal.

There's also a growing chorus of league insiders who are speaking out against the widely-believed effort by Parker to blow up the slotting process with Crabtree. Teams obviously would contend that the unwritten rules of draft-pick negotiation ritual should be honored; however, some of the agents who arguably would benefit from the introduction of chaos privately have described efforts to blow the curve as "inappropriate" and "unacceptable" and "wrong."

And if Crabtree opts to re-enter the draft next year, the current thinking is that he wouldn't be the first receiver drafted. For now, the guy who is regarded as likely to be the first wideout (and possibly the first overall pick) is Illinois junior Arrelious Benn.

Then again, if Crabtree is picked any higher than No. 10 after having a chance to engage in pre-draft workouts, he'd likely end up with more money than the slotting process currently would pay.

i remember when Todd Bell pulled that 'im going to sit out' crap, he missed a chance to be on a Super Bowl winning team...

Bo Jackson also pulled the stunt...guys in baseball do it all the time, but it doesnt seem to work much in the NFL

the rumblings before the draft were he was a prima donna. Looks like the Raiders made the right call on draft day :shock:

Rumor has it, he wants top 3 money. He based this off of his pre-draft rankings. Since many ranked him that high, he thinks he deserves that kind of money. If he sits out, I bet he drops into the teens next year, and therefore reducing his pay. He should just sign a short 3-4 year deal and prove he deserves more. Or get an incentive filled contract. If he is as good as he thinks, he will live up to those incentives. If not, then he didnt deserve the money anyways.

Rumor has it, he wants top 3 money. He based this off of his pre-draft rankings. Since many ranked him that high, he thinks he deserves that kind of money. If he sits out, I bet he drops into the teens next year, and therefore reducing his pay. He should just sign a short 3-4 year deal and prove he deserves more. Or get an incentive filled contract. If he is as good as he thinks, he will live up to those incentives. If not, then he didnt deserve the money anyways.

Does he not understand being hurt lowers his value so of course he woudl get a smaller contract? Man once again I like a guy that is a complete D-bag.

What a sad state of affairs. Talent must be present to acheive so much, but intelligence, common sense and good advice are another thing entirely! Hope the 49ers let him go.

I think the Niners are fine with their current receiving corps. Josh Morgan is going to turn some heads this year. He caught my eye with some of his catches last year.

Back