How much is a Clyde Drexler card worth?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth?' started by kobe bryant, Apr 16, 2014.

1. kobe bryant

kobe bryant New Member

I have a Fleer Ultra 96-96 Clyde Drexler Play of the game card. It shows "The Glide" going for a layup. If I were to sell this card what do you think should be my asking price? If I would trade it, what cards would be a good trade for it?
    20140416_165727-1.jpg

2. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD Moderator Moderator

There is one example of this card listed on eBay with a BIN price of $1.50. There are also two on COMC for a $1 each. So, it's retail value is probably in the $1 range or so.

3. kobe bryant

kobe bryant New Member

Man, this sucks. I thought that this card was hard to find. I guess I was wrong. I think most of my cards are in the $1 to $2 range. It looks like I don't have a rare card with me. Maybe it'll be much better if I just sell my entire collection in bulk rather than sell the cards one by one... What do you think?

4. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD Moderator Moderator

It kind of depends. If you are looking to maximize your profit, then selling one at a time is the best idea...but it takes by far the longest. It will take WAY WAY longer, but you will get more money overall.

If the bulk of your collection consists of cards from about 1987-2000...they are from the era where cards were vastly over produced. Because there are so many out there, they have little value. It's just a supply and demand thing.

That said, there are some cards that were produced in fairly high numbers but do have value because their demand is so high (Jordan rookie is a great example). The Jordan rookie is by no means rare. I just did an eBay search for that card...looking for only PSA graded examples, and I got 44 items currently for sale. So, it's not rare...but because so many people want it, it has a lot of value.

But, as a general rule...the majority of the cards issued between the late 1980s until 2000 or so have minimal value.

Draft saved Draft deleted