Baseball Is it true? A&G Code has been CRACKED!

tigsfan

Bench Warmer
I've been reading that the Allen and Ginter code has been cracked! The code:

"SEND 6 TEAM ORANGE MINIS, ALL 6 MEN WITH MUSTACHES."

The code cracker has explained his method below.

Here is the order the cards go:
11, 3, 12, 15, 4, 18, 7, 6, 19, 2, 20, 14, 8, 17, 9, 13, 5, 10, 1, 16

I figured this out because if you look at the back, the first word and the last word almost all match the next card.
On card #11 it has a line on the bottom above the code letters/numbers instead of an arrow like on top under the code letters/numbers, card #16 is vice versa, all the rest have arrows on the top and bottom so I figured one of these is the first card and the last card.

Example - on the first card #11, the last word in the paragraph is Today, the next card is #3, the first word in that paragraph is Today, the last word in the paragraph on #3 is World, the next card #12, the first word in the paragraph is World, the last word in the paragraph on #12 is Year, the next card #15, the first word in the paragraph is Year.

This happens all the way down to card #5, on card #5, the last word does not match the next, card #10 but the last word Enough in the paragraph on card #10 matches the first word in the paragraph on card #1.

Line all the cards up in 1 row and write down all the letters/numbers from the top starting with card #11, write them from left to right, it should look like this:

A I N 3 P F G Q N T S B R E I E T Q N F H A P 5 L N C V Z N F X I E J R 8 D G S D A L K 6 M J D U R H T B E N A O P E F S C T O R E H D T E 2 G I L D A C M X K D H Y R U A T C D P O E J F M D O D H G 3 4 E R N J 2 I S O P E G 8 B Z R A P A P K F 1 T H I T D E A N C M M B F Y N Q O S A G E 7 S F H J T R Y C S G G L D F N E W R E S K S L E O B Z Q T Y E M O F T R I B N U 5 W P K L D N I N H 9 S Y W T E Q Z G D S U O S 5 E P G W T 8 H Y S

Do this for the bottom EXCEPT write them backwards starting with cards #16 and write all the letters/numbers from right to left, it should look like this:

D J U T H T H G D B S P O L W A L Y H G T R N B A M L K R R W 6 T 1 2 W L N S M 3 R F H M U Y H T W 6 B E E D A S P V W L Y 1 N R T C A V 7 N W U T H F 5 E W N T C B D U J R K W A L 4 I F H N W B V C K M A Y T Q R 3 G F S D T C H Y W I E T H B D O B W H A L P H S Q M P L D H 2 U T C N W A B S V 7 U Q T W H K A B N S 6 G F H H T P O S A M Q H D 6 T E J P O Q O E N C A Y R 9 2 Y E H X K S H Z V E B N E 7 Y W Q P E 6 S C J E H T 8 E K J A

Deciphering the code. Starting with the top letters/numbers, start at letter A, now with the cards in order, 11, 3, 12, 15, 4, etc. Start with card #11, go over 11 letters/numbers and you have the letter S,. Next card is #3, go over 3 letters/numbers from S and you have the letter E. Next card is #12, go over 12 letters/numbers and you have the letter N. Do this all the way to the last card, #16.
Your answer for the top should be “SEND 6 TEAM ORANGE MINIS”

Now with the bottom, you have to go backwards, do everything in reverse. Go backwards starting with 16, 1, 10, 5, 13, etc. Start at letter D, now with the cards going backwards go over 16 letters/numbers and you have the letter A. Next card is #1, go over 1 letter/number from A and you have L. Next card is #10, go over 10 letters/numbers and you have the letter L. Do this all the way up to the first card, #11.

Your answer for the bottom should be “ALL 6 MEN WITH MUSTACHES”

The answer is “SEND 6 TEAM ORANGE MINIS, ALL 6 MEN WITH MUSTACHES”

This relates to the 10 Team Orange Mini that are inserts and only 6 of the men have mustaches. You had to send in all 6 Team Orange minis men with mustaches.

I had all 6 cards and sent them into Topps and they received my certified letter with my answer and cards on 8/7/08.

Doesn't it make you feel stupid now that it was so ovious about how to solve it?

WOW who broke it? and where did you see this info etc? VERY cool!

to be on a sportscard is SWEEEET but in A&G? man people bust SOOO much of that and set colelctors etc will all ave cards of you...sooo awesome! I hope a "nice guy" won it... I wish TROY would have won it.. they could have made that Relic card I showed you all ;)

Back