Is this 1978 Topps Fred Lynn autograph card a good deal?

Discussion in 'Sports Card Chat' started by Peter T Davis, May 8, 2014.

1. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Notorious Admin Moderator

2. Taliasen

Taliasen I MUST OK ALL Rickey Henderson card deals! Moderator

I can see why he just got the auto certified and not graded. The card has some rounding on the corners. Seeing as how the player is not in high demand nor the card itself very valuable, I can only guess he is trying to recover the price of having it certified and slabbed. Make an offer of $20.00 and see if he bites.

3. Peter T Davis

I thought with the PSA/DNA cards you could only get the autograph authenticated OR get it graded, not both?

4. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD Moderator Moderator

I've seen cards with both listed...but it seems rare. I think it's two separate services you have to pay for. It seems most signed cards are not valuable cards so they tend to do just the authenticating service.

Here is one with both:

[​IMG]

5. CamaroDMD

I think the price is a bit steep. His autos have been selling for less and it's a hard signature to see. A 1976 with a really nice signature sold for $13.82 in March.

6. Peter T Davis

Was that slabbed?

7. CamaroDMD

8. Peter T Davis

Wouldn't it cost me more to get it slabbed than to buy it already slabbed? I already have a few of the cards all slabbed, may as well do the whole set slabbed.

9. CamaroDMD

Yeah, it probably would. That's why I was wondering if you wanted them all slabbed. If you do...I would buy them all that way.

10. Peter T Davis

Not to mention all the stories I've heard of genuine autographs being rejected by them.

Draft saved Draft deleted