Featured Joey Harrington PC: Autos, Multi-Color GU, Patches, SP, 1/1

Discussion in 'Football Card Talk' started by CamaroDMD, May 21, 2014.

1. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD Moderator Moderator

I grew up in Eugene, OR, I did my undergrad at the University of Oregon (class of 2007) and I am an Oregon Ducks football season ticket holder. One could say I'm a huge Duck fan. Growing up, I had several Oregon players that I was especially fond of. One was Joey Harrington. I know his NFL career didn't pan out, but that doesn't diminish what he did for the Ducks and his fan-base here is still strong.

When I got back into collecting a few years ago, I thought a Harrington collection would be a nice project. I hadn't collected since the GU boom had started and the first thing I noticed was there were TONS of cards of newer players. So, I thought I would focus my Harrington set on what I considered "higher end" pieces. I would avoid the base stuff and focus on autos, GU cards and low number SPs. I figured since his popularity wasn't great, his cards would be affordable. I also decided I wouldn't grab the first GU I could find, but I would search for multicolored jerseys and nice pieces. At this point, my collection contains 46 cards.

I thought I would share this collection with you guys (incrementally)...as it will take a while to get them all up.

2002 Bowmans Best Red Jersey #92 Joey Harrington RC 52/199
    This is the first Harrington GU I bought
    [​IMG]

2002 Bowmans Best Red Jersey #92 Joey Harrington RC 105/199

This is the only duplicate in the set. I loved the 3-color jersey and I found this card very cheap so I "upgraded" and kept both
    [​IMG]

2002 Playoff Honors Rookie Tandems #RT9 Joey Harrington-David Garrard

[​IMG]

2002 Press Pass JE Game Used Jersey Names #JP-JH Joey Harrington 17/25[​IMG]

2003 Absolute Memorbilia Leather and Laces #LL8 Joey Harrington 372/500[​IMG]
    2003 Absolute Memorbilia Leather and Laces Combos #LL8 Joey Harrington 44/50
    [​IMG]
    2003 Donruss Dress Code #DC-5 Joey Harrington 236/550
    [​IMG]

2003 Fleer Mystique Ink Appeal Gold #IAG-JH Joey Harrington 1/3
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  2. ranbethscards

ranbethscards Insane Collector, Mild Moderator Moderator

3. CamaroDMD

Here are a few more:

2003 Fleer Snapshot Seal of Approval Bronze Jersey #SA-JH Joey Harrington 82/375
    [​IMG]

2003 Hot Prospects Hot Tandems #JHDB Joey Harrington & Drew Bledsoe 18/100
    [​IMG]

2003 Leaf Certified Mirror Gold Materials #47 Joey Harrington 8/25
    [​IMG]

2003 Leaf Limited Limited Threads #LT-56 Joey Harrington GU Jersey Auto 10/25
    [​IMG]

2003 Playoff Honors Plates PP-8 Joey Harrington 16/65
    [​IMG]

4. CamaroDMD

Here are a few more:

2003 Playoff Honors Rookie Year Jerseys #RYJ15 Joey Harrington 28/100
    [​IMG]

2003 Playoff Prestige Stars of the NFL Patches #SN-10 Joey Harrington 35/50

[​IMG]

2003 Skybox LE Jersey Proofs #59 Joey Harrington 70/175
    [​IMG]

2003 SkyBox LE Sky's the Limit Jerseys Silver Proofs #SL-JH Joey Harrington 20/50
    [​IMG]

2003 SPx Winning Materials #NFL-JH Joey Harrington 5/350
    [​IMG]

2003 Topps Pristine Igniters Relics #PI-JH Joey Harrington

[​IMG]

2003 Topps Pristine Igniters Relics Refractor #PI-JH Joey Harrington 19/25
    [​IMG]

2004 Absolute Memorabilia Absolute Patches #AP-18 Joey Harrington 4/25
    [​IMG]

5. ranbethscards

didn't know that Joey and Bledsoe shared a card. Those are a few sweet patches in the PC!

6. CamaroDMD

Thanks!

The Bledsoe card was one of the first Harrington's I bought. I was a big Bledsoe fan as a kid so I really like that card. This was before I got crazy dedicated to sticking with multi-colored patches. I think I have 3 in my PC that are only 1 color. There is the Bledsoe card, that SPx Winning Materials with the big blue patch (which I got as a free gift) and the Leaf auto jersey. I think everything else is at least 2 colors. I have more to post too. I'll get some more up shortly.

7. CamaroDMD

2004 Flair Gridiron Cuts Silver #GC-JH Joey Harrington 11/75
    [​IMG]

2004 Fleer Platinum Jerseys Nameplate #1 Joey Harrington 93/120
    [​IMG]

2004 Fleer Platinum Platinum Memorbilia #PM-JH Joey Harrington
    [​IMG]

2004 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Gold Materials #40 Joey Harrington 20/25
    [​IMG]

2004 Leaf Rookies and Stars Prime Cuts #PC-14 Joey Harrington 8/25
    [​IMG]

8. T-206

T-206 Active Member

Great collection. I have a few Joey's for trade if interested. I can get you a list of what I have

9. CamaroDMD

I'm always interested in new pieces if they fit in the collection. Let me know what you have available.

Here are more of my collection:

2004 Skybox LE Sky's The Limit Jerseys Copper #SL-JH Joey Harrington 42/50
    [​IMG]

2004 Topps Pristine Clutch Performers #CP-JH Joey Harrington
    [​IMG]

2004 Ultra Season Crowns Game Used Silver #37 Joey Harrington 87/149
    [​IMG]

2005 Absolute Memorabilia Tools of the Trade Material Black Spectrum #TT-46 Joey Harrington 1/1
    [​IMG]

2005 Absolute Memorabilia Tools of the Trade Material Double Blue #TT-46 Joey Harrington 25/50
    [​IMG]

2005 Donruss Gridiron Gear Performers Jersey Numbers #P-26 Joey Harrington 16/25
    [​IMG]

2005 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Gold Signatures #40 Joey Harrington 4/10
    [​IMG]

10. CamaroDMD

Here is one I have been looking for for a long time and recently picked up. For football, a lot of collectors really like the Bowman/Topps Chrome issues and as a result they tend to me the more desirable RCs...at least among the reasonable priced products.

I recently picked up the lowest print run Bowman Chrome Harrington RC.

2002 Bowman Chrome Refractors Gold #131 Joey Harrington (37/50)
    [​IMG]

gipper1985 likes this.
  11. ranbethscards

12. CamaroDMD

Thanks. I was thinking it might be fun to try and get all the Bowman Chrome Harrington RCs. There are 5 different versions including the base...and I already have the hardest one. Might be a fun project.

Draft saved Draft deleted