JT Jersey

CouvysCards

Prospect
Transactions: 3
The last two years I have raise money for Justin Turner’s Foundation by running the LA Charity Half Marathon. The foundation was going to send me an autographed ball for my efforts, but I asked if I could send him a jersey to sign instead. Got this back a few weeks ago and just got it framed. Probably my second favorite auto piece in my collection.
IMG_5701.jpegIMG_5620.jpeg

Last edited:
@CouvysCards

Both just phenomenal items!! I am impressed with your running and fundraising, and super cool photo with you and Tony Gwynn, and what a story!!

@CouvysCards

Both just phenomenal items!! I am impressed with your running and fundraising, and super cool photo with you and Tony Gwynn, and what a story!!
Thanks. Both very special to me. The pic is from January 1985, just after Tony won his first batting title. My dad asked if he could get a pic of me with him, and Tony asked if I was right handed or left. When I told him right, he said 'let's stand like we are ready to hit.' As a little kid, I was in awe. Then when I saw him 10 years later and got it signed, he did his classic, unforgettable laugh, and said, 'man, you make me feel old!' I have the original hanging in my house, but made a high res photocopy and have it behind my desk in my classroom.

Thanks. Both very special to me. The pic is from January 1985, just after Tony won his first batting title. My dad asked if he could get a pic of me with him, and Tony asked if I was right handed or left. When I told him right, he said 'let's stand like we are ready to hit.' As a little kid, I was in awe. Then when I saw him 10 years later and got it signed, he did his classic, unforgettable laugh, and said, 'man, you make me feel old!' I have the original hanging in my house, but made a high res photocopy and have it behind my desk in my classroom.
@CouvysCards

That is AWESOME! What a great story, and a fantastic lifetime memory! Thanks also for your work as a teacher, what do you teach? I am a school social worker here in Southern Illinois, and have found this hobby to be great therapy during the craziness that the past few school years have brought!

Blessings,

Kevin

@CouvysCards

That is AWESOME! What a great story, and a fantastic lifetime memory! Thanks also for your work as a teacher, what do you teach? I am a school social worker here in Southern Illinois, and have found this hobby to be great therapy during the craziness that the past few school years have brought!

Blessings,

Kevin
Thanks. I am a 3rd grade teacher in Orange County/southern California. I regularly pass out cards in my classroom and my students love them. Social worker-you've got a challenging job-thanks for what you do!

Thanks. I am a 3rd grade teacher in Orange County/southern California. I regularly pass out cards in my classroom and my students love them. Social worker-you've got a challenging job-thanks for what you do!
Much appreciated Jeff, no need to tell you that we all had challenging jobs these past few years, things are settling down for me, and hopefully are smooth as possible for you this time of year as well! I used to do small rubber banded packs of cards with a TTM autograph in the middle as raffle prizes when I worked at the middle school level, had a ton of fun with that! Kids love cards, and with prices the way they are now, a lot of kids would love to collect, but dont have the funds! So glad your class enjoys, that is super cool of you to do that!

Thanks again!

Kevin

@CouvysCards

Blessings,

Kevin
🙏🏼

Back