Leafsfan1967's Mail Day Thread

Discussion in 'Hockey Card Talk' started by Leafsfan1967, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Leafsfan1967

Leafsfan1967 Well-Known Member

Picked up a couple Larry Robinson autos off another board last night. Glad to add 2 more hard signed autos of this HOFer to my collection.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    redwing40 likes this.
  2. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

Cool. I really like how you've "specialized", how you know what you want, and go and get it. I have a tough time with that, because so many things interest me. Not that I'm envious or anything though...it's more like, "congrats", if that makes any sense? o_O

3. Leafsfan1967

Trust me there is a lot more stuff I want, and interest me, but over the past 31/5 years I've had to compromise. I've been selling off a lot of my stuff I no longer need, or want in my collection. Ex-Leafs players for example that are no longer on the team, and weren't prominent members like a certain few. I also sold most of my rookie cards, especially the Young Guns from Upper Deck that command pretty good money. I also had multiple copies of many autographs, and rookies, and I got rid of those, and kept just one copy of some. With the proceeds of these sales, I've been able to add some pretty nice Hall Of Fame autos of some pretty big named players.

I do not bust wax anymore, and haven't for years. If you look above at my post with the 10 cards, and the one above it of the Lindsay auto, and I can tell you that all that stuff was under $100. Now try, and buy a box of new product for $100, and tell me you'd even get a fraction of that value out of your box. Wouldn't even be remotely close to half that in value. That is why I don't open product. Sure there's the fun factor you miss by not opening packs, but at the end of the day I look at the end result, and my choice is very easy to make.

IQless1 likes this.
  4. Leafsfan1967

The first of several deal made recently on HI. Sticker autos, but not that worried as Howe is a HOFer, and Henderson scored what many will say is the biggest goal in Canadian history back in 1972 against the USSR.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Leafsfan1967

Mail today from a trade with mooche netted me a couple Leafs game used cards for some young guns I had sitting doing nothing on my desk. Also, from another trade with a moderator on SC Forum netted me 6 Troy Bodie rookies (not scanned yet). Bodie plays on the Leafs 3rd, and 4th line mostly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Leafsfan1967

One in today from FASTMAX on HI.

[​IMG]

7. Leafsfan1967

One in today from PWAG31 on HI

[​IMG]

8. redwing40

redwing40 Banned

Nice pickups, I always enjoy looking at your Thread!

9. Leafsfan1967

2 more in Friday! I have both these Kessels already, so they will be flipped towards something else I need. The Bure is a limited print auto.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  10. Leafsfan1967

Managed to get in a few trades last week on another site that is mostly hockey oriented. No paypal for purchases, so gonna have to go the trade route for a while. Did pretty good Maple Leafs wise. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  11. redwing40

redwing40 Banned

Nice stuff as always, Congrats on the new PC items

12. Leafsfan1967

Another one in today from another HI deal.

[​IMG]

13. Leafsfan1967

A couple graded cards are on the way. I really don't bother with graded cards, but these were so cheap, I just couldn't help it. Keeping the Franson, and Bozak for my Leafs collection, and probably will sell the Bogosian when it gets here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Leafsfan1967

More additions! The 03-04 Parkhurst Lupul rookie is out of 120. That is my 4th JVR Young Guns rookie, and the Franson FWA is my 2nd PSA Gem Mint 10. The previous one is an error. Check out the serial number on the other one? It's out of 996 instead of 999. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  15. Leafsfan1967

Added this beauty this weekend from another HI deal. Some of you may not know this, but David Keon refused to sign autographs for years for any card companies. He would occassionally sign the odd through the mail request, but never anything Toronto Maple Leafs related. He even refused to come to the 40 year reunion dinner put on for the last Leafs team to win the Stanley Cup. The reason why he was so bitter all those years is that he was angry for the Leafs dealing him to the Hartford Whalers. It seems like he's starting to come around these days as he's been signing some cards for a few different In The Game products. This is my 2nd Keon auto, but just couldn't pass up the opportunity to add this to my Leafs PC. Keon is an icon in Leaf land. Too bad he was bitter all those years, but what can you do? This is from the brand new 2014 ITG release called Lord Stanley's Mug. These cards don't scan very well, so I took this one off ebay, as it was taken by a digital camera, but still doesn't capture the cared properly. Apparently these are gorgeous in hand, and very shiny. We'll see shortly when it gets here.

[​IMG]

16. Leafsfan1967

Added this Mogilny auto, Bure auto, and this Fleury rookie (sample) last night. Mogilny doesn't have very many autographs out there over the years, and adding a Bure hard signed auto for 410.50 was a no brainer. Not sure what the deal is with this sample Marc-Andre Fleury 03-04 UD Ice rookie, but I took a shot at it for just $3.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. ranbethscards

ranbethscards Insane Collector, Mild Moderator Moderator

a few more great pickups Troy! we do need an update on your parkhurst autographs ... how many are you missing to complete the set?

18. Leafsfan1967

Still need 16, Randy, and probably realistically, I can probably do about half of those this year, but most ones now are very expensive.

19. Leafsfan1967

Been well over a month since I've picked up any new cards. Did get this one for the Leafs PC in today, and the best part of it was it was only half of what they normally sell for. :D

[​IMG]

20. ranbethscards

ranbethscards Insane Collector, Mild Moderator Moderator

great looking Future Watch Autograph.... someday I need to take a trip "up north" to see exactly what that PC looks like!

Draft saved Draft deleted