Just doesn't pay to be an Honest Seller

Krusin

retired hippie
I'm getting very sick of selling cards on E-Bay & getting 1/2 or less than what the same exact card brought just days earlier. It's happened to me a few times in the past month & it looks like it'll happen again tonight. When you look at some of the completed auctions bidding history you'd expect to see some of the same bidders on your stuff if they were really after the card & missed out, but in compairing the feedback numbers (which is all you can go on now) of the bidders not a one of the bidders bid on both.

I tried the store route pricing stuff out at below or near completed auctions but really had no luck in that route & E-Bay's charges were rediculous on FVF's. If the economy continues to tank I've got no choice but to continue to sell on E-Bay as that's the only income I've had recently. So far all of my sets are intact & I have a bunch more I can sell without touching them. We are trying to hold on to the savings account should things get really really bad.

Sorry for the rant, just had to vent a bit. Shilling seems to be alive, well & thriving on E-Bay.

Yes I am, as soon as we start getting warming spells.

:)

I that's the case then please note that I shall be offering to buy a few if possible, so income there you can depend upon. I really need to display some of my sets as they are lingering in boxes, and I now have the space for displaying.:D

I'm getting very sick of selling cards on E-Bay & getting 1/2 or less than what the same exact card brought just days earlier. It's happened to me a few times in the past month & it looks like it'll happen again tonight. When you look at some of the completed auctions bidding history you'd expect to see some of the same bidders on your stuff if they were really after the card & missed out, but in compairing the feedback numbers (which is all you can go on now) of the bidders not a one of the bidders bid on both.

I tried the store route pricing stuff out at below or near completed auctions but really had no luck in that route & E-Bay's charges were rediculous on FVF's. If the economy continues to tank I've got no choice but to continue to sell on E-Bay as that's the only income I've had recently. So far all of my sets are intact & I have a bunch more I can sell without touching them. We are trying to hold on to the savings account should things get really really bad.

Sorry for the rant, just had to vent a bit. Shilling seems to be alive, well & thriving on E-Bay.
I'm where you are there bud

its quite annoying when several sell for $50 and the one you sell goes for $30...i havent quite figured that out yet, so ive been doing the high starting bid (1/2 price through the end of the month) or 3 day BIN/BO which dont have the 12% of stores of 30 day

Back