Trading etiquette

Breaker4310

Rookie
Transactions: 12
Boy I have had an awaking trying to trade on other sites. For one people think they have gold and two just because I PC doesn't mean I am a super collector. I guess guys like @Mike and @rigo tovar have spoiled me. We kinda been around each other so we know our likes. These guys think they can shove cards down your throat or strong arm you to buy their cards. I will never take TCZ for granted knowing these other sites operate this way. If I have to tell one more person I don't collect Press Pass or Sage,or I am not paying more for said product than I am my Five Star product I am going to blow my top! Thanks to all on this site that make the hobby fun!

I like the 'older' press pass when it had logos, hard to hate on the oncard autos, unlike sage that has those giant oval stickers...

gotta love the people that think they have gold just because you ask about a card...

I know my stuff isn't gold I am not gonna beg some one to take it. And if your stuff is better I will trade to your favor or sometimes over pay. No means no!

for many people, at least it seems, NO is the starting point

I don't do much of the trading thing these days, as there are no new Kyle Bollers floating around, and there don't seem to be too many folks around that have stuff I actually collect, as I collect very little, but flip a lot...if I have a card that someone wants that sells for say $20 consistently, I am going to want a card that I can flip for that $20, and if I am getting multiple cards, I will want them to be 'easy' flips for more than $20 total...not going to give a card that sells for $20 for 20 cards that sell for $1

I know people will play the 'collecting' card about not making money on stuff and despise flippers, but through flipping ive built a nice PC and got paid to do so

The dumbest thing I see very frequently is people asking you to give them your lowest price. It is like..."let's negotiate but you do all the compromising". People are always after something in their favor, almost as if the unwritten procedure is first Try To Pull a Fast One, then Don't Care if Your Offer Makes You Seem Ill Informed if not Disrespectful.

Unfortunately, these kinds of traders/sellers are everywhere. There may not be as many on TCZ right now, but that's because we're still small. As the site grows, more of those kinds of collectors will make their way here.

I certainly don't mind overpaying, or over trading, for PC but it has to at least be "close". I'm not trading a $30 auto for 10 of your $.25 base cards, which is something I was asked to do recently. What I usually do if someone's initial offer is way off the mark is just tell them "thanks, but that's quite a bit different than what I was thinking" and leave it at that.

For some, its all about money. Sometimes its just best to say no and move on as much as it bothers you, as It did me at one point, you'll find what your looking for in time!

Wow. I've maybe done no more than 10 trades since I started serious collecting. I usually buy the stuff I want. The stuff I don't want I usually just give away. It probably stems from the fear of getting ripped off or scammed.

I ran a forensics test on a few cards to determine if there was gold in the cardboard.

Results: nope!

@Amandashubby2010
Do you collect Press Pass or Sage?

I can't really complain much about trading since all my tradings have been done only here on TCZ, and I haven't had the price of the cards come into question, I've been lucky enough to trade on the basis of I trade what you collect for something I collect not how much it's worth,,also been very very lucky to trade with guys on here that want to grow my pc as much as I want to help expand theirs, that's the main reason I don't trade on other sites, if it ain't broke don't fix it

Back