Mailman Caught Selling Stolen Sports Cards

Discussion in 'Sports Card Chat' started by Peter T Davis, May 25, 2014.

1. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Notorious Admin Moderator

2. ranbethscards

ranbethscards Insane Moderator... waiting for NASCAR Products Moderator

I am at a lost for words (and anyone who knows me... I am NEVER at a lost for words).

And find this part of the story really confusing...

So, Bu DID NOT steal the cards... he purchased the cards from someone else who stole them from the mail. Or am I reading the story incorrectly?
  3. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD Moderator Moderator

That part confused me too...I'm not exactly sure. But, he is charged with "one count of possessing stolen mail" which to mean means he was simply in possession of stolen property...not necessarily that he was the one who stole it.

Either way, I find this particularly disgusting.
  4. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Notorious Admin Moderator

What he admitted to doing, and what he actually did, may be two different things. One would expect a thief to come up with some stories about how they came to be in possession of the stolen property.
  5. CamaroDMD

That is true. I would imagine that stealing the mail is quite a serious offense.
  6. TomesofDestiny

TomesofDestiny New Member

This kind of thing makes my blood boil. Some of the things that go through the mail are so rare, valuable, and meaningful and lot of them irreplaceable even if you have insurance. Of course a tiny percentage of things will get lost in the mail, that's just life, but to see somebody do it willingly...
  7. CamaroDMD

I understand what you are saying. While I personally think theft in general is about as despicable as it gets...I think this is a little deeper. It's one thing of some criminal breaks into your house and office and robs you...IMHO, it's something else when someone entrusted with your possessions rips you off. I know we don't personally know those who handle our mail (at least not all of them)...but at some level they have been entrusted with our things (our mail). When someone betrays that makes it much worse. At least, that's how I feel.
  8. Taliasen

Taliasen Collecting Rickey Henderson and Sean Casey. Moderator

DTA - Don't Trust Anybody

Draft saved Draft deleted