My Custom Oregon Ducks Card Set

Discussion in 'Sports Card Chat' started by CamaroDMD, Aug 22, 2016.

1. ranbethscards

ranbethscards NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah! Moderator

Sorry, but this collection quacks me up....lol

2. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD Insert Cool Title Moderator

Thanks. I'm glad you like them. I can't believe how big this set has gotten and how many I have got signed. When I first started it, I had no idea I would take it this far.

I will admit though, I have been slacking off the last few weeks on my custom projects. Been so busy with life, work and other projects. But, more will come in the future. :)

LOL!

3. CamaroDMD

Got another auto back in the mail recently...this one from Oregon legend Kenny Wheaton.

[​IMG]

Wheaton is best remembered for one play from the 1994 Washington-Oregon game. That play, known as "The Pick," is considered the greatest play in school history.

He's also the cousin of current Chicago Bears WR Markus Wheaton.

unkilldoo and ranbethscards like this.
  4. unkilldoo

unkilldoo Active Member

Very cool on the card, and an awesome play to put the game out of reach!

5. CamaroDMD

Thanks.

It was a great moment in team history. As you mention, it put the game out of reach. Oregon was leading 24-20 late in the 4th at that point and it was the final score in a 31-20 victory. That win over #9 Washington gave unranked Oregon a 5-3 record at that point. The Ducks would win out the rest of the regular season to finish 9-3 (7-1 in the Pac-10) and a final ranking of #12 in the nation. Oregon would cap this improbable season with a conference title and represent the conference in the Rose Bowl. That season marked the big upswing in Oregon football that they have maintained (for the most part) ever since.

6. CamaroDMD

Due to my recent discovery of several of my custom card designs being stolen and sold on eBay without my consent, I have decided to temporarily remove my customs from all websites where they have been posted (mostly here).

I'm going to watermark them so they cannot be used in this way and then re-post them. Hopefully, I can at least limit the theft of my creations that way.

To be honest, I never really thought this would happen. I never considered that my designs were high enough quality that someone would be able to sell them. Based on the number this person has sold, clearly I was wrong.

I never intended to profit from these creations...I do them because I enjoy making them and I enjoy sharing them with those who like them. I am very frustrated by this.

I'm very sorry to those who enjoy my designs that I will have to watermark them...as I really wanted to share them in their cleanest form. But, clearly that just can't be done anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted