Football Best Rivalries?

Best Rivalry in College Football(read my post and post what u think)

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

sportydude

Bench Warmer
What does everyone think is the best rivalry in the NCAA? Not just by how good the teams are, but tradition, past, how good the games are, and more. I am talking about football. I think that Nebraska and Oklahoma have the best rivalry, they have had some of THE BEST games in the history of college football. Some of the best coaches (Barry Switzer (OU) .837 career win percentage, Tom Osborne(NE) .836 career win percentage). When the Big XII was the Big 8, Nebraska and Oklahoma won a share or the whole thing, all but just a few times. I dont remember what year it was, I think '78, there was the game of the century. There are also many other things that make this best rivarly, like, Best Fans and Best football between these 2 teams.

I think there are better rivalries then Oklahoma and Nebraska.

Michigan and Ohio State would be one of the top. Also Miami and Flordia St. or Army and Navy.

I think the (Red River Rivalry) Oklahoma and Texas is a better Big 12 rivalry or even Texas and Texas A&M is better then Nebraska and Oklahoma.

Texas and Oklahoma have played that game since before Oklahoma was even a state. The series started in 1900 and Oklahoma didn't become a state until 1907.

But I'd say Ohio State and Michigan would be #1 or #2

idk bout Texas and Texas A&M beating out Nebraska and Oklahoma. I was thinking this was gonna be a really close one, and that Michigan and Ohio State was gonna be really close to NU and OU

You are entitled to your opinion, so I wont argue with you. But I still think NU-OU is the best. But what are some reasons you think that?

Sporty, I hate both teams, Michigan and Ohio State, the only time I cheer for them is when they play outside of the Big 10. But that is one game I watch every year because it such a rivalry, most years they are the top two in the Big-10, and between the two, I wouldn't want to guess how many Big-10 Championships they have.

rynesandbergfan23 said:
Sporty, I hate both teams, Michigan and Ohio State, the only time I cheer for them is when they play outside of the Big 10. But that is one game I watch every year because it such a rivalry, most years they are the top two in the Big-10, and between the two, I wouldn't want to guess how many Big-10 Championships they have.
That is like Nebraska-Oklahoma, top teams, except these last few years, and many, many big XII championships, plus the Big 10 isnt very deep.

Sporty your right, it is just an opinion. But I thought I would do a little research, because your poll really sparked my interest to see what others think, and you really aren't getting much feedback, from anyone besides me.

Ohio State & Michigan #1
Top Ten List - Best College Football Rivalries

Ohio State & Michigan #1
Best College Football Rivalries @ Blogcritics.org

Ohio State & Michigan #1 (All Rivalries)
ESPN.com - ENDOFCENTURY - ESPN.com's 10 greatest rivalries

Ohio State & Michigan #2 Nebraska and Oklahoma made this list.
College Football Rivalry page with the Top Rivalries the in NCAA College Football

Oklahoma vs. Nebraska thats probably the least of all the rivalrys listed. i mean i can think of tons of moments from all of em but when i think of Oklahoma vs. Nebraska i just think of some college bragging rights between the two. The big tens not deep? theyve been one of the better conferences and its a down year and theirs still three teams in the top 10 with ohio state more then likely being the NC.

lafastbreak said:
Oklahoma vs. Nebraska thats probably the least of all the rivalrys listed. i mean i can think of tons of moments from all of em but when i think of Oklahoma vs. Nebraska i just think of some college bragging rights between the two. The big tens not deep? theyve been one of the better conferences and its a down year and theirs still three teams in the top 10 with ohio state more then likely being the NC.
You cant think of any moments between nebraska and oklahoma?! man, look back in the past!! you will find sooooo many!!! they have played in what many call the best game ever played!

Being born and raised in Ohio, I have to go with OSU-UM, with Navy-Army coming in a close second (20 years in the Navy). The other games are good rivalries, but they aren't great rivalries, IMO. I watch college football religiously, but there only two that I absolutely have to watch every year, and it's these two games. Also, according to the official D1 records book, Nebraska-Oklahoma haven't even played 100 games yet - so it's not even up there with the longest rivalries, let alone the greatest rivalries. ;)

Back