Saints resign Deuce.

Definitely a move based on the inspiration of the moment and a classy one by the organization since this is definitely not a need position. Hope he sees the field for a Super Bowl game :pray:

Definitely a move based on the inspiration of the moment and a classy one by the organization since this is definitely not a need position. Hope he sees the field for a Super Bowl game :pray:

Wasn't he linked to steroids? Also he will not see any playing time in the Super Bowl the Cardinals are going to make sure of that this week by knocking them out of the hunt. So in short this is going to basically be a 1 day contract :salut:

*Edit*
I knew he got busted for Steroids here is one link there were several others:

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew he got busted for Steroids here is one link there were several others:

Wrong. He did not get busted for taking steroids. He got busted for taking a diuretic that is used for rapid weight loss. It is on the banned substances list because it can be used as a masking agent for steroids. It is not a steroid itself, however.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong. He did not get busted for taking steroids. He got busted for taking a diuretic that is used for rapid weight loss. It is on the banned substances list because it can be used as a masking agent for steroids. It is not a steroid itself, however.

Hey just wanted to share another quote from a article I found. You were right he did not use steroids it was a diet drug. Sorry for the mix up :salut:

NBC Sports claimed that NFL player Deuce McAllister tested positive for anabolic steroids using the headline “Report: Saints’ McAllister positive for steroids” in spite of the fact that the banned diuretic bumetanide was the culprit. The sensationalistic, highly misleading and false headline may have been the result of media ignorance about anabolic steroids. Bumetanide is NOT an anabolic steroid.

Even though the article explicitly identified bumetanide as the banned substance for which McAllister tested positive, NBC Sports may not have known that the diuretic bumetanide was NOT an anabolic steroid. Reports of a “rash of positive steroid tests” in the NFL by news websites here and here and here and here are highly misleading and false since none of the players are alleged to have used steroids.

We expect the general public to be grossly ignorant about anabolic steroids. But the failure of the media to accurately identify the drugs involved in anti-doping protocols in unacceptable. The layperson may think that all performance enhancing drugs on the banned substances list are anabolic steroids. But it is the responsibility of the media to accurately report information.

Of course, the fact that the NFL’s anti-doping protocol is referred to as the “NFL policy on anabolic steroids and related substances” (or as is most commonly referenced - the “NFL steroids policy”) just lends itself to the perception that an athlete who violated the “NFL steroids policy” was using “steroids.”

If I remember correctly wasn't this the StarCaps thing? The same thing that got Charles Grant and Will Smith of the Saints and Pat and Kevin Williams of the Vikings as the big names? I believe the players have a hot line they are supposed to call from the league who will advise on over the counter medications and diet aids and the players all proved they made the call but the hot line people either gave misleading information or they failed to respond. One ingredient in the dietary aid is a common ingredient in a masking agent but no actual steroids. All 5 are guys who have struggled to make game weight and you can see it on them.

Lumm0x I think your right I had made a mistake. Enjoy the game today man! I have been talking a little trash for fun but I hope the winner of this game wins the SB. I like both teams my Grandfather was a big Saints fan and had season tickets forever until he was to sick to go to the games anymore. My dad still watches the Saints alot so if any team is going to knock the Cardinals out of the playoffs I would prefer it be them.

Back