Multi-box busting results Florida 2009 - scans and long read

scotsman

Bench Warmer
So back home now after a great holiday. Weather perfect bar one or two days. Did Universal (was picked to act as an evil scientist out of the crowd for the Disaster movie attraction - damn good I was too ;)), Aquatica was excellent, Kennedy Space Center superb, and Braves/Astros game was the dogs bol***ks (as we say):cheers:.

Frequented Orlando Sportscards local card shop several (5 times) and busted rather a lot. Never managed the Exquisite - missed a new case by a few hours. Saw the goodies from that and probably did well to avoid (main hits O'Connell RC auto/patch and beautiful DeSean Jackson quad patch multi-clr 1/5). Busted a variety of stuff from SPA to SPA;) , and some Sage Hit LOw + SPx MLB. Also got some Topps retail at the spring training game. My 2 lads busted MLB and Nascar. Both beat the odds.

8 boxes SPA 08 - first 3 were bloody awful as stated elsewhere - missing all hits. The goodies included:
- Leatherheads Chris Johnson helmet/auto exch
- By The Letter Tarkenton #/11 auto exch (already have one)
- SP Numbers sigs auto - Theismann #46/150- nice
- Chirography auto nnd - Devin Thomas, and a Chad Henne
- Sign Of The Times auto NND - Leodis McKelvin (mispelt on card), and a DeJuan Tribble
- RC auto patch - Jordy Nelson exch
- RC auto patch GOLD :cheers: - Ray Rice exch #/25
- RC autos - #/1199 Moffitt, Campbell, Urruthia, Steltz, Pressley, Schmitt, MOrgaN, Okam
- RC autos - #/999 Bess, Cherilus
- Rc auto - #/399 - Rivers :cheers:
- 29 RCs also

Bought a $20 Jake Long Leatherheads helmet / auto also. Thought the price was too good to let up.

SPA 07 2 boxes - needed a Matt Moore rc auto and 3 RCs for my RC/rc auto set (excl rc auto/patches)
- case hit - #/399 Rc auto/patch 3 clr Dwayne Jarrett :cheers:
- BTL auto Nick Mangold "A" #64/70
- gold base #/25 Matt Schaub
- RC autos - Okoye #/999, Rowe, Wright #/1199
- Rcs - Mitchell, Brown, Shaw, Dawson, Bullitt
plus Matt Moore auto gold #9/75 - sadly thought the chirography version:ban:
Good boxes though

09 Sage Low Hit - 1 box + 4 packs (beat odds)
- Iglesias Write stuff auto
- Alphonso Smith gold auto #/250
- Underwood, Fr Brown, Cantwell, Brandstater, Coffmann autos NND
- Make Ready plates - Shaugnessy 6/50, Kelly 17/50, Stroughter #1/50

07 SPA MLB - 1 box
- BTL auto - Cliff Lee #1/50
- BTL RC auto - Adam Lind (Rays) #13/75

08 SPX MLB - odds beaten every time - 7-8 GU/GU-autos in each box instead of 5
- Ryan Ludwick patch 2clr Winning Materials #19/99
- GU/auto - Chris Carpenter, Victor Matrinez, Zumaya
- Winning Materials GU - Ludwick, Holliday, Zambrano, Jenkins, Verlander
- Winning Materilas GU quad - Drew, Tulowitzki, Reyes, Ramirez
- Winning Materials dual GU - Holliday/Baker 2clr, Griffey jr/Edmonds, Matsuzaka/Lincecum
- Flashback Fabrics dual GU - Pettitre 2clr/1clr, Ordonez 2clr/1clr, Valverde 2clr/2clr, Edmonds both 1clr, Gonzalez both 1clr, Crisp both 1 clr
- Sweet Spot MEmorabilia( all 07 out of bonus GU pack box loaders) - Morneau 2clr, Berkman, Soriano

Topps retail 09 - Commemorative patch manufactured Jackie Robinson
- gold Joe Maddon #721/2009
- son got Longoria gold and Josh Anderson GU from 2 pack of hobby jumbo at shop - he was well chuffed as he had just watched Anderson that day!

08 Sweet Spot MLB- my oldest busted 2 boxes and main hit was Alexei Ramirez White Sox RC Sweet Beginnings auto ($70-100). We couldn't fgiure out why 3 of the 12 packs had tins inside them containing the cards. Any ideas?

Also the card shop owner got me a Jerome Harrison auto to complete my 2006 RC auto set SPA - :cheers: (excl the 3 ridiculous #/99 cards)

Also pulled 32 of the 20th Anniversary UD set including the Woods that goes for $30 odd. Love the set but not sure I'll finish it soon - only 2468 to go :roflmao:

2 boxes of Tristar helmets Hidden Treasures got me a Jacoby Jones Texans helmet and Joe Kapp Vikings - nice to add to my helmet collection.

Baseballs signed at Spring Training - Chipper Jones on sweet spot of ball, Matt Diaz and Francoeur on my cap!

My youngest got a few Nascar boxes and a A+G MLB 08 World Champions box which had an auto and 3 GU plus other SPs. He was sooo chuffed and loved the historical cards more than anything (Marie Curie, Nietsche etc). He also massivelt beat the odds with a 35 card Nascar retail pack from a CD store in Florida Mall - looked like 35 base cards of 06 something or other for $2 - he pulled a Matt Kenseth auto! Glad he ignored my "don't waste your money son" advice!

Sorry for the long read - may have missed something but och well you'll all have sore eyes by now:D

fl3.jpg
fl6.jpg

fl5.jpg
fl7.jpg

fl2.jpg
fl4.jpg

fl8.jpg

Oh, and also got The Office season 4 for $19, and Marley and Me (bad idea after our dog died recently - we all cried for 30 mins at the end - not the best holiday film!)

very nice patch hit...and i was working on trying to score a harrison spa for you

do the lads watch nascar across the pond?...not sure how big it is internationally, though some of the major drivers see it as the top league in racing..

Busy vacation with all the breaks! Hope my honeymoon can have a few breaks. And I hate to say this, but I sold an 07 SPA Matt Moore RC auto on ebay a few months ago. :ban:

Sliq - thanks for trying to get me a Harrison but I couldn't let one go.If you have already got it then I'll buy it from you. My youngest Sam is Nascar mad - we get it on satellite. He goes carting himself with his own helmet. Nascar is not big over here though
Kenny - you're a marked man;)

Last edited by a moderator:
nice stuff...sorry to hear about the missing hits...how many colors is the Rice Gold???

Edit: Just saw your original post again and see that it's an exchange:doh:

If you need to find the Chase Coffman a home, I'd be proud to call it my first Mizzou auto of 2009 product, either way let me know, glad you and yours had some fun in the States!

Back