7/23/09 Mariners vs. Tigers - 1 sucess and some close calls

tigsfan

Bench Warmer
First, while waiting (I got there a little late today), somebody said Porcello was signing. :( Later on all of these players signed for some time.

RHP Ryan Perry!
LHP Fu-Ne Ti
RHP Fernando Rodney
Rick Knapp (coach)
2B Placido Polanco!
OF Magglio Ordonez!
Gene LaMont (coach)
C Gerald Laird - didn't start
MGR Jim Leyland!

Was in the mix for Leyland, Magglio, and Polanco but missed out on it all since they didn't sign long. I did get one sucess today.

Brandon Lyon - 2007 Topps

I now have my signing spot that I will stick to since it almost got me the better players that were signing.

Before Jim Leyland became the coach of the tigers, I forget what team he was coaching (I don't think he was a head coach, I think he was a batting coach)...He sat across the aile of the plane from Florida with my family, my dad talked to him mostly, but he was GREAT guy! How was he signing?

He stood on the platform where the cameramen are, but didn't sign very long since he was preparing for the game (mostly popped out to check the field conditions since there was a rain delay). I say about 15 people got something from him.

EDIT: you might be talking about him being a scout for the Cardinals, that was his last job. Before that he had managerial jobs with (newest first I think): Colorado, Florida, and Pittsburgh.

Back