Baseball 2014 Topps Dynasty - $300.00-plus for what?

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Has anyone watched any of the box breaks for the 2014 Topps Dynasty product? Oh sure, there are some GREAT "Hits", but there are more bust than hits.

Check some of the names on the checklist: Bo Jackson, Matsuzaka, Freddie Freeman.

Sorry... at this price the box should only include HOFers and big name stars.

Sorry, Bo Jackson IS NOT a Baseball HOFer... Matsuzaka, I'll pass... and Freddie Freeman...$350.00 for a #/10 autograph that you might be able to sale for $100-$150 (more like $25-$50 when the product starts cooling off, then $10-$15 in the next year).

NOTE: Freddie Freeman has two different autographed patches #/1 and #/10. There are 11 variations of each. (A #1/1 2014 TT autographed patch printing plate sold for $81.00, plus shipping, so I don't see the #/10 autographs going much higher)

By-the-way... here are some of the prices available:

Blow Out Cards: $344.95

Dave and Adam's: $369.95

eBay:
Auction: $291.00 (with 14 bids, ends around midnight 12/9)
BIN: $329.99

If you have that kind of money to throw away on a product such as this, I would suggest you take the money and purchase that Mike Trout Autograph you have been begging for... heck, you might as well go to Targets and buy several of the guaranteed "hits" Retail boxes and have fun busting boxes!

I had to Google Freddie Freeman. He seems like a solid first baseman.

Think of it this way... I had to Google him also... so with that in mind, not sure I would be excited pulling one of his cards. If the player IS NOT known, and in this case... if you are an Atlanta Braves fan you probably know him, but outside that little circle of fans... who has heard of him? Give us the big names in the big products!

Think of it this way... I had to Google him also... so with that in mind, not sure I would be excited pulling one of his cards. If the player IS NOT known, and in this case... if you are an Atlanta Braves fan you probably know him, but outside that little circle of fans... who has heard of him? Give us the big names in the big products!
I am an Atlanta Braves fan...but he is a well known player. And, a very good one at that. However, for $300 per box I would want a little more than that.

I agree with you, he seems like a nice player, but not what you want to pull for that kind of money. I am thinking Mark Texeria-ish before the Yankees signed him. Maybe the Yankees will overpay for Freeman in a few years.

Pulling garbage has been my experience over the years. This is why I have stuck to purchasing Topps hobby base boxes the last several years, that way I am not too disappointed by the autograph. The last couple of premium football auto's I pulled were Jake Locker and Jake Reed. Yippee! I don't recall the brands just now. I think the best auto I ever pulled was a back to back Emmit Smith/Tony Dorsett and the second best was a Troy Aikman rookie. Those were both 20+ years ago and to add insult to injury, I am a Giants fan.

2014 Topps Dynasty... has anyone been following the eBay sales of the pulls?

Final Sales:
Robin Yount #/10 $107.50
Greg Maddux #/10 $192.50
Evan Longoria #/10 $94.33

What a waste of money!!!!

Back