Hockey Panini Redemptions

grnlntrn88

Bench Warmer
I cannot get Panini to post these submissions on their official blog website, they keep ignoring me and probably think I am trying to stir up trouble. I'm just looking to see these ideas in print, get feedback from other collectors, and I am especially curious if other companies handle their redemptions with as much blatant disregard for the collectors. Thanks.

grnlntrn88 PERMALINK
April 16, 2013 4:51 pm
Please Note: Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Tracy, I had some questions about the redemption process that I am hoping you can answer.

First off, is there currently a backlog of cards that have already been returned by athletes that have not yet been sent out to customers ? Also, is is safe to assume that once a product has hit the shelves, that all of the cards have been sent out to the athletes for signatures ?

I highly agree with the post by Sergio D. -

Kings Goalie Jonathan Quick Has One Word for Collectors Holding His Redemptions | The Official Panini America Blog

there should be some incentive on the players end to return cards back to Panini in a timely manner. i.e. a contract bonus that activates if the cards are received within 2-3 months from the date they were received by the player, or a penalty for overdue product. Can you tell us if something like that is already in place ?

Finally, is there some type of program in place that takes care of your customers who have been waiting (in some cases) several years for their signed cards ? Such as a “Redemption Card Customer Appreciation Program”, in which a customer would receive a bonus signed card by the same athlete once their submitted redemption became a year old, and a subsequent bonus card for every additional year they had to wait. A program like that also should not force a customer to select a replacement after a 4-8 month timeframe. That should be a courtesy, with the customer allowed to decline and continue to wait for the promised card, and still receive bonus cards as a gesture of goodwill from Panini.

Does Panini have a program like this in place, or has the company considered it ? It seems that a greater incentive on both sides would offer the most benefit to collectors….

I would also be curious to see if something like this would be of interest to other customers in this forum.
Thanks for your time.

grnlntrn88 PERMALINK
April 17, 2013 5:02 pm
Please Note: Your comment is awaiting moderation.

I’m curious as to why my post suggesting player contract incentives for returning cards in a reasonable amount of time, and a program rewarding customers for their patience by issuing bonus cards signed by the same athlete once a redemption request became a year old was not approved ? Did that post violate site policy in some way ?

Some links regarding problems with Panini America:

Customer Service Manager: [email protected]
Customer Service Dept: [email protected]

Panini America, Inc.
5325 FAA Blvd.
Suite 100
Irving, TX 75061

(800) 852-8833
(817) 662-5300

Customer Support (817) 662-5203

The Twitter account and their blog website seem to be at their discretion what to ignore/post... PM's will also largely be ignored.

I found this article hysterical, as they seemingly have made no improvements... and refuse to post meaningful suggestions on how to correct the problem. Of course, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to just respond to your customer, even if you don't have the answer they'd like to hear.

Beckett News Panini addresses customer service concerns

Finally, here is a link everyone might want to consider:

Consumer Complaints for Panini America Inc. - Dallas Texas BBB

Looks like they already have plenty of complaints....

there should be some incentive on the players end to return cards back to Panini in a timely manner

...and then the extra cost gets past on to the consumer. NOT a good idea and I would think that Panini has viewed and voted against an Incentive Program just for that reason.

I have a redemption sitting at Panini and it took a couple of weeks to get a response, but they do respond. I'm trading my redemption for something of equal value... mainly because I am tired of waiting and Panini gave me that option.

....and trust me, this is NOT a Panini specific situation, Upper Deck, Topps, Press Pass, etc. all have terrible Customer Service and issues with their products.

Back