Pats start the game with 2nd team defense.

GiantFan

Bench Warmer
Anyone know what this is all about? Is Belichick that worried about injuries? Or does he just think his team is THAT good that they don't need the practice?

Just asking. I don't really mind, it was good to watch the Giants cruise down the field for a TD on their first drive.

I think the teams already know what most of thier first teamers can do by the 4th Presason game. Its all up to the players fighting for a spot at this point. I hope the Colts do the same tomorrow.

I think the teams already know what most of thier first teamers can do by the 4th Presason game. Its all up to the players fighting for a spot at this point. I hope the Colts do the same tomorrow.

I don't think it is about who is a first teamer and who isn't. It's about game time work. They should at least let them prepare for the game and play a series just to keep that game mentality going. The younger guys on the first team need that. Brady probably doesn't but a guy like Maroney could probably use it.

I don't think it is about who is a first teamer and who isn't. It's about game time work. They should at least let them prepare for the game and play a series just to keep that game mentality going. The younger guys on the first team need that. Brady probably doesn't but a guy like Maroney could probably use it.

I think because of the injury factor. How upset would you be if Manning went down for the year after a preseason injury?

It's a combination of things. The thinking is that the loss in the AFCCG last year was as much from fatigue as anything. It isn't just this game that they have taken it easy; it's been the theme of all of training camp. Brady hardly threw in practices. He used to throw 100 balls a day during preseason, he didn't throw more than 50 in most practices this year. The Pats have had such a ridiculous amount of injuries down the stretch over the last few years that they figure a changeup could help.

It's a combination of things. The thinking is that the loss in the AFCCG last year was as much from fatigue as anything. It isn't just this game that they have taken it easy; it's been the theme of all of training camp. Brady hardly threw in practices. He used to throw 100 balls a day during preseason, he didn't throw more than 50 in most practices this year. The Pats have had such a ridiculous amount of injuries down the stretch over the last few years that they figure a changeup could help.

Wow, I didn't realize they were trying to turn their team into a bunch of p****ies.

IF your first teamers have showed continuity and focus, why bother.

Seahawks didn't start any 1st stringers either... but the Raiders had said that this game "Will decide their starting QB"

Somehow, Raiders fans.. I'd be afraid...very afraid. Your HC has YET to figure out who to throw the wolves....errrr... put in as starting QB????

:lollol::lollol::lollol::lollol::lollol::lollol::lollol::lollol::lollol:

:lollol::lollol::lollol:

No, they practiced hard those years.

I don't know why you'd be angry at the other team not playing their starters in the final PS game. Keep in mind that starters played deep into the second quarter in game 2, and deep into the third quarter of game 3, which is more than a lot of other starters have played. It averages out to almost equal playing time as past years, they are just allocating it differently.

I don't know why you'd be angry at the other team not playing their starters in the final PS game. Keep in mind that starters played deep into the second quarter in game 2, and deep into the third quarter of game 3, which is more than a lot of other starters have played. It averages out to almost equal playing time as past years, they are just allocating it differently.

Not angry, I just don't think it's a good idea. :D

Not angry, I just don't think it's a good idea. :D

For what it's worth, many teams didn't play their starters in this last game. I believe the Falcons held out most of their starters as well... and we're supposed to suck.

The 4th week of PS is treated as a bye-week for most teams... since they only get one more for the next 4 months.

If the Patriots struggle because they held out their starters this week, than about 20 other teams will struggle along with them.

Back