Basketball Wolves dominate Pistons for first road victory

GotGibson?

Bench Warmer
Randy Foye had 23 points and a career-high 14 assists, and the Minnesota Timberwolves beat the Detroit Pistons 106-80 on Sunday night for their first road victory of the season.

Minnesota came into the game with a 2-9 record, including 0-5 on the road, but dominated the lethargic Pistons, who have lost three of four. Detroit fell to 4-5 since Allen Iverson joined the team on Nov. 7.

Ryan Gomes added 20 points for Minnesota, while Al Jefferson had 19 points and reserve Craig Smith scored 16.

Tayshaun Prince led the Pistons with 20 points, but Jason Maxiell was the only other player to reach double figures with 12.

The Timberwolves took control with first-half defense, holding Detroit to just 28 percent shooting while building a 44-34 lead. Gomes had 13 points and six rebounds in the half.

Minnesota threatened to pull away early in the third, leading by as many as 15, but Prince kept the Pistons in the game by scoring 10 points in the first seven minutes of the half.

Prince, though, didn't get any help as the Timberwolves turned the game into a blowout. Minnesota led 76-52 at quarter's end, and cruised to the lopsided win.

Wow. That's bad. The Thunder beat the Wolves.

In the NBA it's all about matchups and catching teams on an off night. Hell the Pacers beat the Celtics by 17 a few weeks ago, but by no means do I think we're a better team (as proven by our record).

I never said anything about the better team. Just kinda funny I think.

Mainly because my cousin is a HUGE Detroit fan and bought my Pistons - Thunder tickets. I would love for them to beat the Pistons in OKC when he goes LOL. :p

Allright, lets wait now until the Cavs have a bad loss, and we all can make fun of them.

I mean 6 straight ECF appearences and they still don't get any love. I would be more worried about the cavs being a garbage team in 2 years when Lebron bolts.

I have said this a MILLION times Josh. ;)

The Pistons are a great team but they are my cousin's favorite team. He and I always have bets going on. Nothing against you at all.

Back