Basketball Rubio's choices affected by draft slide

Admin said:
Oden is far from a bust. The guy came off an injury, played only 20 minutes a game and got 9 points a game and 7 rebounds. He played 1/2 the game basically, and just after an injury. Not very many players are scoring 9 points and getting 7 rebounds in just 20 minutes. If he was playing as much as Dwight Howard, his Points and Rebounds would be almost the same. And he is considered one of the best in the league. He will get his time up this year, and barring another freak issue will be one of the better big men in the league. So I am not sure how you get a bust from someone that produces a good amount of points and rebounds for the time he is on the court.
For being a Laker fan...this guy's pretty smart. ;)

From all indications this off-season, Oden is regaining his athleticism in his legs that he was missing last year due to the surgery. That's pretty normal for microfracture surgery. Last year he played defense with his hands a lot because he couldn't move his feet fast enough. That's where the MAJORITY of his fouls came from, which led to his lack of playing time.

Heard an interview with Pooh Jeter who played last year in Europe and is now on the Blazers summer team. He may have a little bias and he's not a talent scout, but from his observations seeing both of them play he thinks Blazers draft pick Victor Claver has more potential in the NBA than Rubio. I think that's more of on indication of Rubio's talent than Claver's.

I don't like the Blazers at all, but have followed Oden as he was pretty big where I came from. The guy is and will be a dominant player. His injury was more of a fluke then anything, and shouldn't affect him much after he is completely healed. But I would take a guy that can put up 10 and 7 in 20 minutes any day, especially if he comes back in good shape.

Back