Dumb idea or not.... Grading Card Investigation

oregonweim

Bench Warmer
My thought was to do this, take two cards of rookies, say one fb (Bowman Chrome) and one Baseball (BC). We have members near regular shows that BGS attends, thought being to resubmit the same card multiple times to see what kind of grading we get on it each time. Get it back, cut it out (after scanning and such) then resubmit. Just curious to see how it pans out.

oohhh, evil - I like it.

You'd have to guarantee that the card wouldn't lose surface quality, etc while in transit & breaking it out of the case.

And if it was a decent card & ever got a "10" - it must be sold - !

Im pretty sure sfmike lives near becket headquarters, and just drops off his cards on site for grading. So that means no shipping, and no worries about shipping messing with the condition of the card while sending it in for a second trial.

Beckett HQ is in Dallas. I could have submitted through a card store there many times, just did not they have a time at the beginning of the month for walk-ins.

I can get my BGS grading done for free. I'll participate if you need me. It will be graded on site at Beckett Headquarters. Would need the card by the 23rd of August, though.

It would be nice to get someone that gives a grading company lots of business...to see if they give their best customers good grades.

It would be nice to get someone that gives a grading company lots of business...to see if they give their best customers good grades.

true.... Maybe i'll 'buy' one of LIsa's bowman chromes in my box... she has a norwood we can rent, heh or some other scrub :D Does anyone have a cheap, numbered chrome auto from bb we can use?

Back