Sent a LARGE box to C4K yesterday...

Discussion in 'Sports Card Chat' started by ranbethscards, Jun 8, 2014.

1. ranbethscards

ranbethscards Insane Collector, Mild Moderator Moderator

Couldn't get anyone to trade or buy... so thought I would "pay it forward" to the kids.

Box included NASCAR, Hockey, Baseball and Football. Cost me an arm and a leg to ship and insure but the C4K organization is great... and I know the cards are going to a good home.

I have some NASCAR and Detroit Football/Baseball still in the inventory (show coming up in July), so will be posting and trying to move them for items I know will move at the show.

Now, with that being said... let's see some trading activity on the site! I challenge everyone to make a trade this weekend!

2. racinghy

racinghy Member

Do you still have the Fanfare cards Randy?

3. ranbethscards

I have a few... I will send you a PM

4. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD Moderator Moderator

I am obviously completely oblivious...but what is C4K?

5. ranbethscards

C4K - Commons4Kids.org

6. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD Moderator Moderator

Interesting...sounds like a good cause.

7. racinghy

racinghy Member

Thanks Randy, I'm actually quite jealous by all the racing Fanfare I saw someone donated on there! The Stenhouse "Rides" auto was a redemption and man there are some fine looking cards on there. At least they are going to a good cause, just hope the kids don't mess them up ;)

8. Zahadum

Zahadum Member

Need to make sure ya use the flat rate boxes otherwise you really take a hit I made that mistake the first few times sending stuff to them but now I know better.

Lessons learned. ;)

9. ranbethscards

The INSURANCE is what kills!

10. Zahadum

Zahadum Member

Being that the cards I could not sell or trade for as no one seems to think are worth anything ( like the Rides auto and all the others I sent in) and being the cards are going to be donated for kids I just send them and go with the $50 insurance that is part of priority mail. I could not imagine the cost of some of the boxes I sent if I also insured them.:wideyed:

Just hope C4K keep on going as the latest post does not sound good.

11. racinghy

racinghy Member

If I knew you had those, I would have tried to start a trade with you at least. Oh well, at least they are going to a good cause, and that is all that counts!

12. pmannings#1fan

pmannings#1fan New Member

Why is that? Aren't they doing alright?

Draft saved Draft deleted