Summer Trading Contest (prizes including game used / autos / more)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Peter T Davis, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Notorious Admin Moderator

This is a multiple winner contest. This time we're doing a trading contest, and we'll have a list of prizes, and the top winner gets first choice of the prizes, second place gets second choice, and so on. I've set aside a dozen cards from my collection for this contest, and may add more if we get a lot of people interested. I'm going to try to keep the rules simple, and the contest will run for the month of August. Starting August 1st (trades done prior to August 1st won't be counted).

The Rules:
    Each trade is worth one point.
    The value of the cards involved with each trade must exceed one dollar
    Each party in the trade must leave a Trader Rating
    You must post about the trade in a reply to this thread for the point to count

This contest is meant to help build up the community here, so trades from other forums shouldn't be included. How would I know if you did a trade on another forum, then posted it here? Well, I wouldn't unless you posted bout it in public on another forum. I also want to get people using the Trader Rating system. So, leaving an honest rating about the other party to the trade is an important part of this contest.

Trades involving cards of value under a dollar are allowed where the total value of the cards in the trade exceeds a dollar. For example, if you trade five cards worth a quarter each, that exceeds a dollar. Not that it's worth the price of postage to do a trade like that, but it's allowed for the contest.

The prizes will be shown in photos below, in the second post to this thread. In the case of a tie where both winners would like to choose the same card, we'll do a coin toss.

Midnight Eastern Time is the deadline for all trades to be entered in the contest. In the event that cards are still in transit before the deadline, the member should post the trade to this thread anyway and a reasonable amount of time will be given (up to one week) for the cards to arrive and Trader Ratings to be given.

For the purposes of this contest, a "trade" can be cards of equal or unequal value traded with or without monetary consideration give, buying or selling cards, or even giving away cards as long as the total value of the trade exceeds the minimum. Multiple trades between the same two members will be counted as one point.

2. Peter T Davis

3. Peter T Davis

Additional Prizes:
    photo(10).JPG photo(11).JPG

4. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

Interesting contest Pete!

I'm in the process of completing two trades with camaropat, and intend to leave him feedback when the cards arrive, but I doubt those two will count. He and I are working on a third trade though, so that one should qualify lol

5. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

You gotta work on orienting your scans though Pete...that last one is upside down lol

6. Taliasen

Taliasen Collecting Rickey Henderson and Sean Casey. Moderator

Please contact us Peter. We have tried contacting you before. We have cards we would like to donate to you guys for use in contests like this. We have not gotten a reply though.

7. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

Are there two winners per trade? I'm wondering if leaving feedback first gives you first choice. The problem there is those with higher ratings will almost always get first pick, as they get their cards/payments first. Or is that the coin-toss thing?

Take me and camaropat: We'll likely do a trade soon, but I send first, so he'll leave feedback first. I'm open to the flipping a coin thing with him, or anyone, if it turns out we both want the same card, and I'm pretty sure he is too, but I just want to clarify that we both get to pick together, once feedback is left for each other.

Thanks.

And thanks for having this contest too. :)

8. ranbethscards

ranbethscards Insane Moderator... waiting for NASCAR Products Moderator

Great idea Peter! Looking forward to doing some much needed trades and hopefully winning the contest!

9. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

Yeah, I guess I'll have to finally go through these short-boxes of rookie and numbered cards I bought years ago...there's bound to be a few Lions in there to trade lol

10. Peter T Davis

Nah, you're over complicating it. If you do trades with five different people, you got five points for the contest. If someone else has five points, you did tie with them, but it's only an issue if you both want to choose the same prize. Might not even come up.

11. IQless1

IQless1 Active Member

OK, thanks for clarifying that.

You still need to work on orienting your scans right-side up though. :p

12. Peter T Davis

I'll just invite you over and you can do them for me. ;)

IQless1 likes this.
  13. Peter T Davis

@ISA Grading I'll get in touch with you in a few days, after next week things should start to quiet down for me a bit.

14. redwing40

redwing40 Active Member

Count me in! :)

15. camaropat

camaropat Active Member

Zahadum and I did a trade, Tony Stewart R/U for a Travis Pastrana R/U

16. ranbethscards

TRADE BETWEEN BRIAN (Zahadum) and RANDY (ranbethscards).

Zahadum receives:
    2013 Press Pass Power Pick 15 #53/99
    2013 Total Memorabilia Hot Rod Relics (Tire / Red and Black Sheet Metal / Yellow and Black Tire) #28/50.

ranbethscards receives:
    2013 FanFare
    Jeffrey Earnhardt Autograph
    Danica/Stenhouse Jr Checklist Die-Cu

17. ranbethscards

Trade between ranbethscards and T-206

Randy gets: a handful of Detroit Tigers baseball cards

Wayne gets: 2011 Donrus Elite DeMarco Murray NFL Shield RC 18 #277/999

18. T-206

T-206 Active Member

I agree with this trade

19. ranbethscards

Moved this from the Card Chat Forum.

20. Toaowoody

Toaowoody Toaowoody

I dropped off my end today. It should be there Thursday if not sooner. Here's the tracking number with the 3 day priority mail. #9505 5000 0627 3224 0000 15. LMK when you get it. Thxs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.