Basketball The 50 Greatest Players of All-Time

Seanboy24 said:
I hate Ewing...let me repeat...I absolutely hate the guy, but I don't see how you could take him out of the top 50

averaged over 20 ppg in his first 12 seasons, avg. a double-double for nine of those years and he was the foundation for one of the best teams of the 90's...ugh, i just died a little inside writing that

HA HA this is exactly how i feel when i talk about reggie miller. :(

tim/208963

How in the hell are Barkley and Ewing even in this conversation. Barkley is one of the all time best power forwards(Duncan, Malone and Barkley in that order) The guy was an absolute beast even out of his prime. And Ewing is one of the greatest centers and was one of the main reasons why the Bulls had to fight so hard every year. If you ask me, not one person on that list should be taken off. The closest is James Worthy, but I'll give him a pass. The only logical step is to extend the list to the greatest 60 players.

bdowden23 said:
How in the hell are Barkley and Ewing even in this conversation. Barkley is one of the all time best power forwards(Duncan, Malone and Barkley in that order) The guy was an absolute beast even out of his prime. And Ewing is one of the greatest centers and was one of the main reasons why the Bulls had to fight so hard every year. If you ask me, not one person on that list should be taken off. The closest is James Worthy, but I'll give him a pass. The only logical step is to extend the list to the greatest 60 players.

totally agree with you on both parts (maybe because i am a huge knicks fan)
TNT did an addition to the 50 greatest and these are the players they added

Kobe Bryant
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Connie Hawkins*
Allen Iverson
Jason Kidd
Bob McAdoo*
Reggie Miller
Gary Payton
Dominique Wilkins*

looks like a pretty solid list to me.