The Yankees and Derek Jeter... will we see the final home game?

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Well, today (Thursday, 9/25/2014) is Jeter's LAST home game. Rain is in the forecast. A LOT of rain is in the forecast. Predictors are saying that the game has a 60-percent chance of being rained-out.

No big deal right? If the game is rained-out, the Yankees will have a makeup game on Monday (9/29/2014)... right?

WRONG!

MLB announced this morning that unless the game would have have an effect on the seeding of the Orioles (for the playoffs), the game would NOT be made up!

No big deal? Wrong again! Thinking if I was a season ticket holder I would want to see the final home game of the year. A season ticket holder is NOT paying to see games NOT played.

Nothing like getting screwed over by the head of the MLB.....don't they realize that with all the publicity of Jeter retiring, that even people who may not have been interested in the sport may have got tickets to any of the games, which I'm sure the price of any Yankees game this year went higher than usual this season, and increased revenue for not only the team, but the entire sport. I hope that people are gonna get their money back cause I believe the price of the tickets for his "final" game have been going for the big $$$$!

The game really doesn't mean anything so if it's rained out,it shouldn't be made up. Who cares if it's Derek Jeter's last game? The only thing it means is that today's Yankees fans will have to find another bandwagon to jump on once the season's over.

I think MLB is missing a big opportunity here. You are right...the game is meaningless in terms of standings and seeding for the playoffs. No doubt about that. However, sports are a form of entertainment...and one that generates huge revenue. With all the hype surrounding Jeter retiring...it seems like a great opportunity for MLB to really cash in. The fans will love it and MLB will generate more revenue. It seems like a no-brainier to me to play this game even if it has to be made up. I think MLB is making a mistake by not playing it if it gets rained out.

Back