couple HS stories

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
first one...was on Yahoo

Dekalb plays Milwaukee once a year i guess, then go out for Pizza and Cokes after the game, well one of the Milwaukee players mothers died the day of the game, so it was almost called off (like a 3 hour busride to the game) instead the game started late...well during the 2nd quarter the kid whos mom had died came in to the game, so the Milwaukee coach called TO so the team could talk to him, kid said he didnt want to sit on the bench, he wanted to play...

so this caused a Technical Foul because he wasnt on the pregame roster, there was an arguement with the Dekalb coach cause he didnt want to take the Tech, but the refs insisted that they MUST take it because its a rule...

the team captian said he would take the shot, the first shot went about 2 feet and rolled to the end line, the second shot barely left his hand and rolled out...

after the game all the kids went out for pizza, 4 kids per pizza, 2 from each team...nice heartwarming story...

Story 2...even more local, in todays paper...

my high school conference has 2 of the top ranked small school teams in the league, so they usually play 3 times a season, 1 in conference, 1 in a tourney, and 1 in the playoffs...

last year a girl hit a 3 at the buzzer to win the game, this year same girl was at the FT line with 1 second to play with her team down 2...made the first...missed the second :doh:

kind of sucks that since they are in the same area they cant play for a state title, the losing team is done, they finished 2 last year in the state, the winnng team is in the 'super sectional' so there are like 8 or 16 teams left...means next weekend will probably be televised games, and ill probably watch those...i watch 0 nba, very little college, just the March Madness brackets, and then High School state games

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=914609 thats to the first story :salut: it was a nice story, really its an 'adult' thing to do, but most prosports are a bunch of babies :shock:

and yeah it is :doh: on the second story, but itll be nice to have another local team get a shot at state, the team that lost was #1 in the state during the conference tourney, the losing team was #5 in the state at the time...

when i was in HS our boys teams sucked, the girls usually won regional but that was about it...we did have the Class A High School King of the Hill champion when i was in 8th grade...3 point shootout winner...he lost when he did the shootout with the Class AA winner though

Back