so uhh, Kyle Orton cut...

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
interesting move especially with the Cutler going down this week, maybe an under the table deal with the Bears?

also Tashard Choice cut again :lollol:

itll be interesting to see what happens with Cutler

can't have an under the table deal, has to go by waiver priority, and the Bears are 30th, so not really likely. But, if Orton should clear waivers due to the money, he could be signed by the Bears afterwards

and no one breaks the rule right?

i have no clue where the bears were on the waiver wire, but it just seems to be 'odd' timing for the cut...im sure denver execs are pissed that they couldnt get anything out of him, especially after what Carson Palmer went for...

if the Bears get him im cool with that, i always liked neck beard...depending on his condition i think Bulger would be a better fit at this time...there is no denying that the bears need to bring in a guy who has played more just incase there is another injury, but if they are doing what Lovie is saying, and thats focusing more on the run, they should be ok...they are playing less than consistant teams and as a whole id say the bears d/st is much better than the next couple teams they face...back to 'game management' and i think Barber looked good on Sunday...he hasnt taken many hits this season, so between the overall ability of Forte and a HEALTHY Barber should be able to move the offense

Analysts thought the Texans, Chiefs, and Bears would be interested in him. Considering the Texans were trying out Jeff Garcia, Trent Edwards, Brodie Croyle, amongst others to be backup, I'm surprised they would pass on Orton. If Leinart doesn't pan out, Orton could help out the team more so than the others.

I hope the Colts claim Orton. They have the #1 waiver at the moment. They could play him in a week or so, and then trade him at the end of the season.

Back