Do I play the matchup, or go with the overall better fantasy QB?

Zeeck

Sneaky
In my 8 team league, I have Aaron Rodgers starting against Minnesota, who has the fourth best pass defense right now. However, I have Cutler on my bench, matching up against Detroit who has given up ten passing touchdowns in three games.

So, do I stick with Rodgers based on his fantasy history, or do I play the matchup and put Cutler in on a day when he should have a lot of success through the air?

Cutler. Even though 6 of the 10 Detroit pass TD's came vs. Brees. They only gave up 2 in each of the last 2 games. Play the matchup.

I usually play to matchups with QBs, who I might add are generally the highest point scorers. Which is why I am so excited to welcome Jay Cutler to one of my fantasy football squads in exchange for a RB who has 1,003 rushing yards in his 2+ NFL career.

i started Orton last week over Matt Ryan because of the matchup...have Boller on my roster and he was worth the most points :shock:

that depends.........are we playing against each other this week???

if we aren't pull Cutler off the bench if we are, play Rodgers

Tricky...

I think the Cutler matchup is nice, but the Bears should just run Forte and run Forte and run Forte run Forte and run Forte and run Forte run Forte and run Forte and run Forte.

I like Rodgers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tricky...

This is one of the tougher fantasy decisions I've had in a while. For now I've got Cutler in the starting role, but I'm not entirely off the fence yet. It may be a last minute decision, and I'm sure that no matter how I go, I'll wish I had gone the other way.

Cutler still doesn't have any wide receivers to throw to.
Minnesota might have the #4 ranked pass defense, but look at the teams they've played. Cleveland, Detroit, and San Francisco have no passing game to test.
Cutler's matchup is over-valued because his team's lack of receivers and Minnesota's pass defense is overrated because their lack of competition.

Start Rodgers and don't think twice.

I dont know how your league scores, but in mine, Cutler had 16 and Rodgers had 21 (would have been 26 if lee didn't drop that td pass :hellapist: )

Cutler had 23, Rodgers had 24. I lost by three (guy I played had 39 points from the 49ers defense and 36 from the Giants' Steve Smith), so it wouldn't have mattered either way

Back