Football 1,000+ game used/auto....question on selling

acctingman69

Bench Warmer
I recently purchased a collection with over 1k game used and auto cards.

I was wondering how YOU would sell them on Ebay?

1 HUGE lot

3 auctions all by sport (baseball, basketball, football)

by player (if there are enough of one player)

by team

Just curious how you all would approach this.

Thanks

Well, first off, welcome back to Freaks. Of course we would like to see you post them here first to give the members a chance at them. I personally would be interested in any ST. Louis Cardinals items you might have. Most junk autos sell for just one or 2 bucks each. Sometimes not even that. I just recently ebayed a 100 football gu and autos with a starting bid of 89 dollars and got nothing even with free shipping. So be prepared for failure on that type of cards. If there are some superstar/rookie type cards, you may highlight those in an auction that also had some less desirable cards. Let the good ones help carry the less desirable ones. I would sort them by sport.
the other option of course is to just put the whole lot on and hope for the best. Good luck on whatever you decide to do and we are glad to see you back on the boards.

Thanks!

yea, most of them are in the $6-$30 range. There are some nicer ones in there, but I was thinking if there are enough cards for a team I might sell them that way. I'd like to hav3 at least 5-10 minimum for a "team" lot, otherwise I'll sell them by sport.

It's been a few months since i put a large lot on ebay . I put up a mix of 100 football autos and game used with plenty of stars and rookies. Started it at 99 cents in two different categories for more exposure. Ran it for seven days, free shipping and had a winning bid of 84.00. The secondary market has just been really flat for the last 8-12 months. Unless you are putting out the big names there just seems to be a lack of interested buyers.

Back