1998-99 UD Ovations Vince Carter BGS 9.5 (steal)

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
So sometime early last week I saw this card on eBay for I think it was $25. I submitted an offer of $14, which I knew was a little low, but was hoping it would start some negotiations to get us somewhere close to what I thought would be a good price for it. The seller countered, like I knew he would, for $20. Not bad, I guess. Since it had all 9.5 subs I was willing to reach for it a little bit. Instead of accepting that, though, I countered again with $17 with a message that said "meet me in the middle?". The seller countered with the same $20 again, stating that was as low as he'd want to go on it. As much as I wanted to accept it, I held my ground and just rejected the offer. The auction ended a few days later with no buyer. So later last week the seller relisted the card auction style starting at $9.99. I thought, well hopefully here's my chance to get it at, or around, my last $17 offer.

The card ended today with only 4 bids, 3 of which were me. I won the card for $10.99 ($13.49 including shipping). I'm not even sure if the seller knows that I'm the same guy who submitted the $14 and $17 offers before, but I bet he's hoping he would have taken it now.

Now I just have to wait for it to come in the mail. :cautious:

carterovation.JPG

By the way, my high bid on the card today was $22. Higher than it's worth, but I told you I was willing to reach on it a little. :p

i always love when that happens...people think they have gold then they list it and nothing happens...i know lumm0x has done that many times with hockey stuff...i dont know what market on something like that is, but hopefully you can pull $20 out of it to make a few bucks on it

i always love when that happens...people think they have gold then they list it and nothing happens...i know lumm0x has done that many times with hockey stuff...i dont know what market on something like that is, but hopefully you can pull $20 out of it to make a few bucks on it

Oh, well, this is a PC item so I won't be selling it back. Even if I did, it's not worth much more than what I paid anyways. I think I could make a bit of money on it if I tried to sell it, just because it has all 9.5 subs, but it wouldn't be much. I'm glad I got to save a few bucks on a PC item, though, and I'm sure the seller is at least disappointed he didn't accept my offer now.

Well, I was wondering if it would show up but the seller did come through. Got this one in the mail today. I'm really loving these graded base rookies. :D

ovation95.jpg

Back