Baseball 2010 Baseball Hall of Fame Induction VOTING

Hall of Fame Voting

• Total voters

iLikePie

Bench Warmer
Looking through the HOF's website, I saw the list of players that are eligible for voting next year, 2011, and 2012. Thought it would be cool to put up a poll to see who everyone votes for here.

Since we're only allowed to make 10 choices in the polls, i'll include only the first 10 listed.

Roberto Alomar
Barry Larkin
Robin Ventura
Edgar Martinez
Fred McGriff
Kevin Appier
Ellis Burks
Ray Lankford
Pat Hentgen
Todd Zeile

Method of Election:

1. BBWAA Screening Committee — A Screening Committee consisting of baseball writers will be appointed by the BBWAA. This Screening Committee shall consist of six members, with two members to be elected at each Annual Meeting for a three-year term. The duty of the Screening Committee shall be to prepare a ballot listing in alphabetical order eligible candidates who (1) received a vote on a minimum of five percent (5%) of the ballots cast in the preceding election or (2) are eligible for the first time and are nominated by any two of the six members of the BBWAA Screening Committee.

2. Electors may vote for as few as zero (0) and as many as ten (10) eligible candidates deemed worthy of election. Write-in votes are not permitted.

3. Any candidate receiving votes on seventy-five percent (75%) of the ballots cast shall be elected to membership in the National Baseball Hall of Fame.

As to the rules, you may vote up to 10, or not vote at all. Have Fun. :)

Talk about one ugly group of players. Not one would get my vote.

Todd Zeile and the HOF should only be mentioned in the same thought when he's making a family trip there

HiEnd said:
Talk about one ugly group of players. Not one would get my vote.

Todd Zeile and the HOF should only be mentioned in the same thought when he's making a family trip there
McGriff deserves to be in, IMO.

It took Jim Rice forever & a day to get in, McGriff has some waiting to do, at least that's what I think

Roberto Alomar for sure and down the line McGriff too,but I think it's Dawson and perhaps Blyleven's year for induction.

Umpire Bruce Froemming will be on the ballot this year. He does not need to wait the 5 years because he is over 65. I think he will make it

One of only two umps to umpire 5,000 or more games.
Old umpire to call a game
Umpired in a record 11 official no hitters
37 full seasons umpiring. Another record

huffamaniac said:
Umpire Bruce Froemming will be on the ballot this year. He does not need to wait the 5 years because he is over 65. I think he will make it

One of only two umps to umpire 5,000 or more games.
Old umpire to call a game
Umpired in a record 11 official no hitters
37 full seasons umpiring. Another record
WOW! Yes he will get in!

Back