4) Demaryius Thomas – Georgia Tech
5) Brandon LaFell - LSU
6) Damian Williams - USC
7) Mardy Gilyard - Cincinnati
8) Eric Decker - Minnesota
9) Jordan Shipley - Texas
10) Carlton Mitchell – South Florida

Position Grade: B/B+
My list might not look like some “updated” lists, as I have not bought as much into the Demaryious Thomas hype as others. I am higher on Benn and LaFell than many scouts, but I both could benefit with more efficient QB play at the next level.

Further Analysis:
Dez Bryant still remains the number one option in this group, despite his personality quirks, and who he hired as his agent. Thomas comes in at #2 or #3 on many lists, but I haven’t seen enough of him in Georgia Tech’s option system. I like Benn’s physicality and upside, and like Tate’s flat line speed and leaping ability. Both of these guys will need to polish up the route running before they'll take the next step as WR's in the NFL.

Feel free to discuss anything WR-related here.

Benn was compared to Anquan Boldin throughout his college career. If there's any truth in that he'll have a long, successful NFL career.

Bryant is the clear-cut No. 1 and likely the only first-round lock. This reminds me of a couple years ago, when the first WR didn't get picked until the top of round two.

Teams are going to get some solid pass-catchers in the second (WR/TE).

I really like Mitchell out of South Florida. He could make some noise in the NFL.

Bryant is the clear-cut No. 1 and likely the only first-round lock. This reminds me of a couple years ago, when the first WR didn't get picked until the top of round two.

Teams are going to get some solid pass-catchers in the second (WR/TE).

I really like Mitchell out of South Florida. He could make some noise in the NFL.

Good thoughts there. I feel the same way, where everyone tries to plug in one of the WR's at the 25-30 spots in mock drafts, only to see teams wait out the similarly talented depth.

You seen anything more than I have of Thomas from Georgia Tech?

Good thoughts there. I feel the same way, where everyone tries to plug in one of the WR's at the 25-30 spots in mock drafts, only to see teams wait out the similarly talented depth.

You seen anything more than I have of Thomas from Georgia Tech?
Thomas is getting so much run because he's a physical freak. If he didn't break his foot, I might buy into the hype a little more.

I think he is a second-round guy.

Back