Basketball ABSOLUTELY GREAT ANDS TRUE letter from Dan Gilbert Cavaliers Owner!! LOVE IT!!

I'm not a fan of Lebron.. but I think the Majority OWner making a statement like that only makes himself look like an idiot...

It's a business... who in the world would want to play for an owner that treats a guy that made that team relivent again for the first time in YEARS?

GUARANTEEING a championship to Cleveland? LOL riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

who in the heck are they going to get? LOL this "owner" is a tool and probably hurt the Cavs more by posting that message than Lebron did by leaving them

problem is he turned his back on a team that gave him everything control of decisions and hes now left them with nothing absolutely nothing. Lebron will never ever ever be close to MJ or Kobe who stuck it out through thick and thin

Again, I agree, but for an Owner to put out a statement like that.. really just BASHING Lebron... etc etc etc is just NOT a good move for the Cavs....

I bet they yank it... but it's too late

Dan Gilbert is a Douche Bag. It's no wonder Lebron left, with a owner saying crap like that after he left is just WOW. So much for what LeBron did for the Cavaliers. Im not a Heat but I want the Lakers to win another Championship next year so Kobe can have a 3 peat. Then the Heat win one the year after so LeBron can rub it in the Cavaliers owners face!!

Actually i believe all the credit should go to Wade without him no way LE BON BON goes tyo miami

Dan Gilbert made himself look like a fool to everyone outside of Ohio. Cleveland win a championship, his anger has made him dilusional

atrain2004 said:
problem is he turned his back on a team that gave him everything control of decisions and hes now left them with nothing absolutely nothing. Lebron will never ever ever be close to MJ or Kobe who stuck it out through thick and thin

What exactly did he owe them?

Ownership surrounded him with garbage players. They could have had Amare,but did not want to trade JJ Hickson,who then sat on the bench the entire playoffs. So they bring in a washed up and old Jamison instead,who ate up any cap room they would have had

They surrounded him with a small point guard who could not stop anyone. Did not once give him a shooting guard that can be relied on.

They made a big deal about bringing in Shaq,4 years to late. Fat,out of shape and old is not what that team needed.

Lebron busted his a$$ for 7 years,and they never gave him a running mate of any quality.

Kudos to Lebron for walking away from $$ for the shot at winning a ring,something that was never going to happen as a Cav

HiEnd said:
What exactly did he owe them?

Ownership surrounded him with garbage players. They could have had Amare,but did not want to trade JJ Hickson,who then sat on the bench the entire playoffs. So they bring in a washed up and old Jamison instead,who ate up any cap room they would have had

They surrounded him with a small point guard who could not stop anyone. Did not once give him a shooting guard that can be relied on.

They made a big deal about bringing in Shaq,4 years to late. Fat,out of shape and old is not what that team needed.

Lebron busted his a$$ for 7 years,and they never gave him a running mate of any quality.

Kudos to Lebron for walking away from $$ for the shot at winning a ring,something that was never going to happen as a Cav

EXACTLY!!! That always puzzled me as to why they didnt want to trade Hickson to get Amare. At least give someone good to LeBron. And who were the Cavs going to get if LeBron stayed? Everyone had already been signed. The Cavs should have been trying to get Amare or Bosh or even Wade. You never heard anything about the Cavs going and trying to get somebody. It was always the Heat or Knicks or Bulls trying to get someone.

I'm tired of hearing how "Lebron deserted Cleveland" or all the guilt trips the city kept using to make him stay. Talking about how their economy would dwindle and the fans would lose their loyal king. SUCH BS. You talk about Lebron being selfish, the city and it's remarks who are selfish.

Lebron busted his ass for that team, and a Cavs ownership that wouldn't bring in what players were truly needed to win. Lebron had too many expectations upon himself from a selfish city using him for all his worth.

I'm happy for him and his move to a team with a chance to win the Finals one day. He's owe's Cleveland nothing.

Back