Basketball ABSOLUTELY GREAT ANDS TRUE letter from Dan Gilbert Cavaliers Owner!! LOVE IT!!

atrain2004 said:
problem is he turned his back on a team that gave him everything control of decisions and hes now left them with nothing absolutely nothing. Lebron will never ever ever be close to MJ or Kobe who stuck it out through thick and thin

ADAM YOU HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD ! This is exactly true .... this is about loyalty .... heck there is not a guarantee that the heat win , they gotta play the lakers ? and they dont have a bench ... i wish lebron nothing but the worst of times and hope he never wins a ring.

bjtheman1 said:
I'm tired of hearing how "Lebron deserted Cleveland" or all the guilt trips the city kept using to make him stay. Talking about how their economy would dwindle and the fans would lose their loyal king. SUCH BS. You talk about Lebron being selfish, the city and it's remarks who are selfish.

Lebron busted his ass for that team, and a Cavs ownership that wouldn't bring in what players were truly needed to win. Lebron had too many expectations upon himself from a selfish city using him for all his worth.

I'm happy for him and his move to a team with a chance to win the Finals one day. He's owe's Cleveland nothing.

Busted his ass or quit during the playoffs ..... ? Cavs wouldnt bring him players he wanted ... he didnt want amare because of his "issues" , he wanted antwain and got antwain ..... ? I believe bron got what he wanted but it was never enough .... now he will go to miami and become the "3rd chosen " down there and his life back in akron is officially over .......

Gotbrady12 said:
Boy is Pat Riley a Genuis ....

Any rumors on who else the heat are signing since they only have bron , wade , bosh and chalmers .... ?

They've reportedly signed Mike Miller who will be a good backup for Wade/LJ. Other possible signings to backup Chalmers: Dooling, J-Will, Arroyo.

I'm still thinking over this whole DECISION. I'm torn as to whether to be a Lebron hater or neutral, as in just watch him play and show his skills.

It seems like he took a page out of KG's book, only did it earlier like Garnett wishes he could have. If management is not gonna give you the players around you to win that title then it's fair enough, leave. I can't comment on the loyalty issue with the Akron/Cleveland area, maybe Cavs owner said what he said to make the locals feel better but to guarantee a championship before Lebron is a pretty bold and anger filled statement.

That's the question, he can throw as much money out there as he wants but who will go to the team and who is left that he can build a team of title winning calibre?

It will be interesting to see what the Nets do now, having created so much hype around the Draft and what plans they had, maybe they'll have to wait until they move to Brooklyn now.

It's clear that Lebron is after the wins now rather than the $$$. Having said that, he'd probably make up for any pay cut he took from team salary in endorsements. I just think if there were only 3 options - Heat, Bulls, Knicks, then this is the worst one. I dunno, I think I'll take some more time to think it over, just my opinion.

Gotbrady12 said:
ADAM YOU HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD ! This is exactly true .... this is about loyalty .... heck there is not a guarantee that the heat win , they gotta play the lakers ? and they dont have a bench ... i wish lebron nothing but the worst of times and hope he never wins a ring.

How's it about loyalty? 7 years is not enough? When Lebron signed that 3 year extension with the Cavs,ownership was to stupid to think they need to get him pieces to win now,not later. They brought him crap upon crap.

As for him not wanting Amare,stop spitting out what ESPN tells you, there were NO issues to him wanting or not wanting Amare. The Cavs did not want to give up JJ Hickson,is that on Lebron?

He walked away from less money to win and is getting flack,yet had he stayed for the $$ and never won a thing due to the team sucking,then he gets flack for never winning a ring by himself,something NO ONE has ever done.

Can't have it both ways,sorry

& if you want to bring up loyalty

Fire the coach who won coach of the year,and put up the best record back to back years
Fire the GM who helped put together the team that had the best record back to back years
Gilbert is also the last person to abuse anyone,being born and raised in Michigan and made a boat load of cash there,then left for Cleveland

But I guess those are all okay since Gilbert was the one doing the firing and leaving. How dare anyone leave him

Good luck bringing in any talent for as long as you own that team Dan,I can just see marquee players lining up to go play for you after showing everyone your temper tantrum like a 13 year old who didn't get XBox for christmas

& if you want to bring up loyalty

Fire the coach who won coach of the year,and put up the best record back to back years
Fire the GM who helped put together the team that had the best record back to back years
Gilbert is also the last person to abuse anyone,being born and raised in Michigan and made a boat load of cash there,then left for Cleveland

But I guess those are all okay since Gilbert was the one doing the firing and leaving. How dare anyone leave him

Good luck bringing in any talent for as long as you own that team Dan,I can just see marquee players lining up to go play for you after showing everyone your temper tantrum like a 13 year old who didn't get XBox for christmas

Back